• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Maneater Known Issues PSA

I just want to say thank you very much for working on these issues to better improve the game. This is a fun game and have been enjoying it very much. I love how you guys made it. I hope there are future plans with this game to expanding upon it. Keep up the good work and look forward to seeing what more can happen in the world of Maneater.
Lol. I'm under the impression that this game has been abandoned by developer?? No new updates in many, many months and everyone is STILL waiting for their trophies/achievements to pop. 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: KillerUnleashed
Upvote 0
Hi, still not fixed the issues with the 100% achievements. Can you not just make it so that if you have completed everything it gives you all the achievements. Still missing shadow head even though every area is at 100%.

If all areas are at 100% then cant you just make the game release the achievements. Been months awaiting a fix and not a single update has been released.

Upvote 0
Hi, still not fixed the issues with the 100% achievements. Can you not just make it so that if you have completed everything it gives you all the achievements. Still missing shadow head even though every area is at 100%.

If all areas are at 100% then cant you just make the game release the achievements. Been months awaiting a fix and not a single update has been released.
Sorry shadow body im missing

Upvote 0
Hey everyone,

We are so excited to see so many of you splashing around the gulf in Maneater, but we are aware some of you are being impacted by some issues which we know is not ideal. We want to let you know we are digging into these reports and the following is a non exhaustive list of top issues we are tracking and working on fixes for as soon as we can.
  • Achievements not be awarded after Hotfix 2
    • We believe these issues will not trigger on a new game, we are currently still investigating if achievements/trophies and unlocks not being rewarded can be retroactively granted, but currently we recommend players start a new game.
We continue be excited by all of you who have taken a bite into Maneater so far, doubly so for those that have and are helping us track down these issues in our bug forums.

This list has been updated to reflect post the next gen launch.
I literally started playing the game today. I have done the opening level 6 times now on Xbox Series X and haven't gotten either of the 2 associated achievements. I restarted the game between each new attempt. Restarted my Xbox, and even uninstalled and reinstalled the game. I'm convinced this game doesn't actually have Achievements and that the list is some sick joke.

Upvote 0
Hey everyone,

We are so excited to see so many of you splashing around the gulf in Maneater, but we are aware some of you are being impacted by some issues which we know is not ideal. We want to let you know we are digging into these reports and the following is a non exhaustive list of top issues we are tracking and working on fixes for as soon as we can.

• Player camera gets stuck in the shark
    • There is a rare case where the player camera can get stuck in the shark after a cut scene. To work around, players need to quit to main menu and reload the save to clear this issue until a full fix has been released.
  • Progress Loss/Save Game Issues
    • We are continuing to investigate this issue, but so far attempts to replicate it internally to find the cause have failed. We are looking for any and all player information about what could trigger this to happen.
    • We believe these issues will not trigger on a new game, we are currently still investigating if achievements/trophies and unlocks not being rewarded can be retroactively granted, but currently we recommend players start a new game.
  • Trophies Not Being Granted on PS 5
    • We believe we know what is causing this and are working on a fix
We continue be excited by all of you who have taken a bite into Maneater so far, doubly so for those that have and are helping us track down these issues in our bug forums.

This ^^ was posted May of 2020 (1yr, 3mo ago) and there is still no fix for the achievement issues.

Can you not just introduce a condition on game start (if a player doesn't have platinum) to see if the player should have the platinum trophy?.. obviously it won't be quite this simple.. but it can't honestly be 'that' complex, can it???

Upvote 0
Hey everyone,

• There is a rare case where the player camera can get stuck in the shark after a cut scene. To work around, players need to quit to main menu and reload the save to clear this issue until a full fix has been released.
    • We are continuing to investigate this issue, but so far attempts to replicate it internally to find the cause have failed. We are looking for any and all player information about what could trigger this to happen.

When are you going to release another update? I am not buying your DLC coming out until the save problem is fixed. Extremely frustrating and causing many people to not play your game.

Reactions: the-cheshire
Upvote 0
I noticed the update this past Friday on my PS4 for Maneater, but unfortunately, it hasn't fixed an issue I've been facing for the past few weeks or so. My game has been glitching by having moments where it either error-crashes, or it will get slow and freezes constantly until I close it. Worst of all, since I've tried to play it since getting the DLC, the down button on the controller, that normally is supposed to pop up the Infamy Rank, doesn't work at all, even though the down button still works every other way in the game, so I know there's apparently nothing wrong with my system or controller itself. That, and my other games seem to work just fine, so I can only hope that you all at Tripwire see this, and other recent issues, and can release an update to fix it. With how awkward playing the game is for me now, as much as I love this awesome creation, I am going to hold off playing it for the following months until an update or something else fixes this, even if it means not getting to play the DLC. I wish you good luck, and a pleasant year, and again, hopes that you can fix things!! (I would also appreciate a response, just to show this has been acknowledged...)

Reactions: Galahad
Upvote 0
I was playing the Truth Quest DLC today and was fighting the 5th Infamy boss Terranova. The second I killed her my game crashed. Upon loading back into the game, it appears as though the game registered me finishing a quest related to defeating her ( I believe it was just called "Terranova"), yet on the Infamy Rank screen, It says that I still need to fight her and that she is locked behind a story mission (which I've clearly done now since I've already killed the Leviathan.) Since I can't complete Infamy Rank 5, does this mean that I can't officially complete the DLC?

Upvote 0
I am unable to start the Chase Champions quest (2nd quest in the DLC). I swim to the marker but the rings do not spawn and nothing happens. I am playing on a PS5. Game acquired through PS Plus. DLC purchased. I have 100% completion on the original game. I have tried leaving The Gulf and returning, deleting and pulling my save back from the cloud, deleting the game and downloading it again, and power cycling the PS5.

Upvote 0
Hey everyone,

I play on Pc. I have had a ton of crashes that have shut down my PC completely. I have lost saved data, multiple crashes to the desktop and have sent in the reports most of the crashes at the starter zone are in the grotto. One suggestion was that the PC can't handle or does not have enough disk space. Well, I have a top-end computer with liquid cooling. Yet I keep having issues with it crashing. I have tried different suggestions including updating drivers which they were and it didn't solve the issues at all.
I love this game very much and keep playing, but am getting to the point of frustration and rage quitting the game. I bought my game on Steam and play it through steam it also has auto-update for the game and has yet to see an update for the game. Please fix those issues.

Upvote 0
Hi, me again. I just got the update to 1.10, and decided to test something. I deleted the application, and my saved data, and when I got the option to get the update again, I paused it and played without (I assume) any updates at all. The Infamy Button issue is still present, right out of the gate, but the gameplay in general is apparently back to normal, so I can at least play the game, even if one of the features is inoperable. Oh well, at least the bigger issue is fixed, even if the lack of the Infamy button irks me.

Thank you Tripwire for fixing my and others issues with this update, though I would hope you can still work out other problems like the one I am still dealing with. I am so excited to finally play Truth Quest!

Upvote 0
In addition to the above, it seems so far that the game still gets a bit lag-ey when loading at times, but it doesn't render the game unplayable for me, so not totally fixed, but still a step forward. Feels good playing the game again!

Also, let me clarify. Everything worked, including the Infamy Button, without any updates, like it had before, but once I put the the update back in, the button stopped working, and the lag returned, though as I say here, less severe as before.

Upvote 0
Hey everyone,

I have the progress loss problem. I'm a new player, just put in about 6hours over the last few days. I have DLC too. I had the game crash a few times, nbd, and when I came back, everything fine, was glad to see that autosave on progress seems pretty good!
Then the power went out for about a second, which killed my PC. When I fired it back up, total reset to tutorial in my only save.
Please let me know if there's any info I can offer to help repro, or if there's a better place to file this.

Upvote 0