• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Maneater Known Issues PSA

Updated the Known Issues list with the following changes and additions:

• (Change) Progress Loss/Save Game Issues
    • We are continuing to investigate this issue, but so far attempts to replicate it internally to find the cause have failed. We are looking for any and all player information about what could trigger this to happen.
  • (Addition) Trophies Not Being Granted on PS 5
    • We believe we know what is causing this and are working on a fix

Upvote 0
I just finished the game on PS5. Got 100% on the story, level 10 infamy, and 100% collectibles on each map. There are 2 tasks remaining (apparently) in Fawtick Bayou even though i've already received the 'Dominating the Bayou' trophy -> Collect all Nutrient Caches and Collect all License Plates. I don't suppose you're any closer to a solution for this 'known glitch'?

Upvote 0
Updated the Known Issues list with the following changes and additions:

• (Change) Progress Loss/Save Game Issues
    • We are continuing to investigate this issue, but so far attempts to replicate it internally to find the cause have failed. We are looking for any and all player information about what could trigger this to happen.
  • (Addition) Trophies Not Being Granted on PS 5
I play on ps4 and I earned the Bone body for killing the apex hammerhead in sapphire bay, my infamy rank and bounty hunter progress reset from 9 to 0 while playing. I upgraded everything I have so far to tier 5 and started killing the bounty hunters again, I got killed and was respawned from dead horse lake where I died at, back to sapphire bay, the resources I had earned after beating the apex and up until I died were lost, as were the upgrades I did after the apex fight, and my bone body is gone too. My infamy rank was restored to 9 but the aforementioned items, upgrades, and resources were not. I tried restarting the game but that didn't fix it.

Upvote 0
Any update to certain Evolutions not being awarded when they're supposed to be? I have 100% the game, but Bone Head and Shadow Head both didn't unlock or disappeared post unlock, and now I cannot get the Science Experiment achievement on the Xbox One, unless I replay the entire game and hope it doesn't happen again.
We are still investigating why this happens to some users and hope to provide an update in the future to address it.

Reactions: HiddenFromDeath
Upvote 0
Hey everyone,

We are so excited to see so many of you splashing around the gulf in Maneater, but we are aware some of you are being impacted by some issues which we know is not ideal. We want to let you know we are digging into these reports and the following is a non exhaustive list of top issues we are tracking and working on fixes for as soon as we can.

• Player camera gets stuck in the shark
    • There is a rare case where the player camera can get stuck in the shark after a cut scene. To work around, players need to quit to main menu and reload the save to clear this issue until a full fix has been released.
  • Progress Loss/Save Game Issues
  • Achievements not be awarded after Hotfix 2
    • We believe these issues will not trigger on a new game, we are currently still investigating if achievements/trophies and unlocks not being rewarded can be retroactively granted, but currently we recommend players start a new game.
  • Trophies Not Being Granted on PS 5
We continue be excited by all of you who have taken a bite into Maneater so far, doubly so for those that have and are helping us track down these issues in our bug forums.

This list has been updated to reflect post the next gen launch.
Dunno how this happened but i got a glitch while fighting a mako shark that flat out stopped me from being able to attack, pressing the trigger just stopped working, i checked and my controller wasn’t broken bc the zoom in the map screen still works but specifically won’t let me bite.

Upvote 0
So, apparently no one of the developers wanted to fix any of the listed issues. I just started playing maneater, when it shipped with the Xbox game pass on may 25th.
I had a lot of fun playing in me 3 sessions.
after the third session, I finished the final fight and received the “you finished the game” plate with every location 100% completed, every evolution collected etc. The issue started with not unlocking any achievements? I was like “okay, there has to be a fix or smth” restarted the game eventually, and it sh*t me out with a lvl 12 shark.
guys... get your sh*t together, you promised to fix those issues, and it’s almost a year later.
Also frame rate still suck, when the hunting party appears.
PS: Im really mad cause I finished it twice now and still lost all progress since lvl 12 and still no achievements

F

Reactions: TheDapperScrapper
Upvote 0
We are looking at all the reports players are submitting. Some more info for those who are following along.

There are several rare issues (I know it doesn't seem like that to those that have them, but in terms of users impacted it is fairly small compared to how many players are not impacted by them) that we have not been able to reliably reproduce and find a root cause for.

We are continuing to investigate what could be causing these for those that are impacted, and the newer builds that have gone out (Steam/ PC Gamepass) have had experimental fixes that we hoped would address many of these. Sadly it sounds like there are still some cases happening on these build.

The investigation will continue and we hope to clear these up via future updates. You can help us help you by providing as much detail as possible about your platform, setup of your hardware and whats connected to it, and potentially playstyle with video of the issues happening in the bug reporting section.

I am unsticking this thread as it is out of date. Please report any issues you have experienced in the appropriate sub forum to better help our investigations.

Upvote 0
Another loss of progress comment here. A lot of people are mentioning the loss, but not providing any details. Let's change that.
First, it happens on a crash, or at least what feels like one.
Second, (if it matters) Steam/PC user/Windows10, also using an Xbox controller (with plenty of battery). Everything appears to be up to date with the game as well.

I don't exactly remember when the first happened, but it was about halfway through Dead Horse Lake.
I was spending time farming infamy bosses for the new items. I believe I'd gotten up to the level 5 boss, killed him, and then ran away to save myself. I hadn't gone straight back to the grotto, and in fighting something else, I ended up dying. In respawning at the grotto, it mentioned I had hit adulthood again. I figured that odd and checked my evolution screen only to find that the new evolutions I'd gotten weren't there anymore (regardless of me having not equipped them), and my level had gone down from 17 back to 12. The upgrades to the evolutions I DID have left had reverted to the time I was at that level. I figured it my mistake for not saving at the grotto after killing the infamy bosses and simply shrugged it off and carried on.

The second time it happened.. makes me really upset. I re-did everything with the bosses, got my upgrades going, SAVED AT THE GROTTO, and carried on. I finished everything except for the elder grates, and moved on to Golden Shores. Cleared just about the entire area, max upgraded all my evolutions, including the level 6 infamy bosses and landmarks from the 3 zones. I was finishing up the kill quests, saving at the grotto regularly. I believe I was level 24 at this point, and went to the Apex Mako encounter. The game locked up with the "Apex Mako" text in the corner, but still in the ocean screen, with no shark present on screen. Like it got stuck loading before the splash screen for the mako entrance. No buttons do anything except for the start button. I wasn't able to access the map menu but I was able to access the start menu. I had literally saved minutes before going to do that encounter, so I wasn't too worried. I hit "Return to Main Menu", it allowed me to hit the start button, and continue my game. However, upon spawning I find myself back at level 12 all over again, missing all of my evolution progress except the same things I'd had when it loaded from the first crash.
THE ODD PART HERE, is my map progress is still completed. My landmarks and boxes are still found in all 3 zones. But I respawn in the Dead Horse Lake grotto after having not been there for hours, as if my SHARK PROGRESS itself is not saving. It also looks like some quest completion saving is also on the fritz, seeing as all my recent saves were done by fast traveling to the Golden Shores grotto, but somehow some of the Fawtick Bayou Population Control quests aren't completed anymore. The quest is back to 1/3, and it's telling me I need to kill the Apex and check on Scaly Pete again. Buuuuut I'm still up to the Apex Mako quest in Golden Shores.

At this point I just stopped playing. I'm in love with this, but there's no point if I'm going to lose hours and hours of progress. Players shouldn't have to predict game crashes and manually backup files on a regular basis to enjoy the game. Steam says I'm just under 11 hours in. My map progress is solid. But all the work I've put into my shark is gone. I don't mind redoing a couple quests here and there because of a glitch, but that's a LOT of material farming and upgrades down the drain. That's a LOT of kill experience down the drain. The map progress may have reverted just as well seeing as I'm not even a high enough level anymore to survive those areas, let alone progress in quests.
An extremely frustrating glitch. Unfortunately I don't see any reason to keep playing this at this point in time if I can't trust my progress to save. From 12 to 24. Gone. And I see some people are reporting much more severe losses. I adore this game. It's simple, and fun, and plays well, and super controller friendly. It's unique and I enjoyed blowing most of my day off today on it.. until this nonsense. I hope some of the details I left above help give some direction towards what's going on here. Again, it seems like different progress saves independently of one another or something. Somehow map progress and most quests saved for me, but shark progress didn't. Other players mentioning full map loss and starting over in the tutorial. I didn't feel the need to take screenshots so early on in the game so I don't have any of my furthest progress, but I took these attached screenshots to at least show where the game dumped me back to. Hope it helps, and looking forward to a fix! Thank you for the game!

Attachments

• Evo.jpg
    Evo.jpg
    209.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Infamy.jpg
    Infamy.jpg
    252.3 KB · Views: 1
  • map.jpg
    map.jpg
    263.4 KB · Views: 1
  • Quests.jpg
    Quests.jpg
    218.3 KB · Views: 1
Upvote 0
Every time I die I end up back in Fawtick Bayou Grotto. I’ve been trying to beat Dead Horse Lake without dying in order to progress the game but it’s needlessly difficult and frustrating. My game seems to be incapable of saving any data and it makes the game downright unplayable. Could we get a manual save option maybe? I want to progress but if I have to constantly restart, I won’t.

Upvote 0
Every time I die I end up back in Fawtick Bayou Grotto. I’ve been trying to beat Dead Horse Lake without dying in order to progress the game but it’s needlessly difficult and frustrating. My game seems to be incapable of saving any data and it makes the game downright unplayable. Could we get a manual save option maybe? I want to progress but if I have to constantly restart, I won’t.
We continue to investigate why this happens to some players. Sadly we have no reason to believe a manual save would address this issue as we don't know why players impacted by this issue are impacted by this issue - and developing a new system that may not actually do anything to address the problem could take away from other fixing and new content efforts.

Upvote 0
Still having this issues- it’s a joke. Can’t play the game at all. Played through sapphire bay 3 times, killed predator 3 times- no achievement and no progress being saved.
I stopped playing this game because of the ridiculous bugs. Tried again a few months later n the exact same bugs still mess everything up.
It’s not a “rare” issue. Xbox, ta, psn forums are all littered with people experiencing this issue n tripwire do nothing about it.
the game is unplayable

Reactions: Anynameyouwish
Upvote 0
Hey everyone,

We are so excited to see so many of you splashing around the gulf in Maneater, but we are aware some of you are being impacted by some issues which we know is not ideal. We want to let you know we are digging into these reports and the following is a non exhaustive list of top issues we are tracking and working on fixes for as soon as we can.

• Player camera gets stuck in the shark
    • There is a rare case where the player camera can get stuck in the shark after a cut scene. To work around, players need to quit to main menu and reload the save to clear this issue until a full fix has been released.
  • Progress Loss/Save Game Issues
  • Achievements not be awarded after Hotfix 2
    • We believe these issues will not trigger on a new game, we are currently still investigating if achievements/trophies and unlocks not being rewarded can be retroactively granted, but currently we recommend players start a new game.
  • Trophies Not Being Granted on PS 5
We continue be excited by all of you who have taken a bite into Maneater so far, doubly so for those that have and are helping us track down these issues in our bug forums.

This list has been updated to reflect post the next gen launch.
Went from lvl24 back to 14. How is this not fixed yet.

Upvote 0
We continue to investigate why this happens to some players. Sadly we have no reason to believe a manual save would address this issue as we don't know why players impacted by this issue are impacted by this issue - and developing a new system that may not actually do anything to address the problem could take away from other fixing and new content efforts.
How would you think a manual save would not fix these issues?!

There's obviously an issue with the current system automatically saving progress. The fact you guys did a full upgrade to next gen and did dlc WITHOUT fixing these issues is garbage.

"take away from other fixing and new content efforts"

So you obviously don't care to help players that are impacted and just want more money. You guys have become such a joke.

Reactions: the-cheshire
Upvote 0