• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Maneater Known Issues PSA

Hi, I'm a couple of hours into the game and in the dead horse lake area. For some reason the autosave feature of the game seems to have stopped working completely so when i die and re-spawn i am always put back to the same place no matter how many quest i complete. I've tried returning to the grotto every time i do any quest or collectible to force the game to save but even that doesn't seem to be working. From a quick google search this seems to be a fairly common problem. Is there any known way and to force the game and to save as I've already run out of patience at doing the same quest and collectible repeatedly? Are the devs working on a patch to fix this as it seems to be affecting more than just me?

I'm playing on Xbox One X if that information help :)

Upvote 0
I bought the game a few days ago after reading that the save issue had been fixed. I invested several hours, only to find that the save data bug is still very much a thing. I feel liked I’ve been robbed of my time and money. Who would play a game where your progress could be wiped at any moment? I know the time is lost, but I would at least like to know how to get my money back.

Reactions: CraigGG
Upvote 0
Hey everyone,

We are so excited to see so many of you splashing around the gulf in Maneater, but we are aware some of you are being impacted by some issues which we know is not ideal. We want to let you know we are digging into these reports and the following is a non exhaustive list of top issues we are tracking and working on fixes for as soon as we can.

• Xbox One X Overheating - We are aware that some Xbox One X users hare having an overheat shut down/message and are working with Microsoft to address this issue. We are also aware that a set of PS4 players are reporting something similar and also are investigating.
  • Progress Loss/Save Game Issues
    • We are investigating a now much more rare progression loss issue and are looking for player help in identifying points of commonality in what they have done prior to having it.
  • PS4 Frame Loss - We are investigating reports that users are getting massive frame loss in some situations on PS4.
    • We believe we have found a major cause of this and have a fix targeted for the next update
  • Stability
    • We have tracked down several stability/crash issues and will have them fixed in hotfix 2
    • We are continuing to investigate other stability issues
  • Achievements not be awarded after Hotfix 2
    • We are investigating cases where some players are still not getting achievements to pop up after Hotfix 2
We continue be excited by all of you who have taken a bite into Maneater so far, doubly so for those that have and are helping us track down these issues in our bug forums.

This list has been updated to reflect post Hotfix 2.

I recently bought Maneater on my Xbox One and have run into an issue that seems to be making the rounds with other players. It may be considered progression loss but idk let's see. Now I have the achievement for all landmarks, but am suspiciously missing the Shadow Head mutation and I believe one other Shadow part is also missing. Other small issues are occasionally true loss progression in which i die and upon respawn (pre-respawn Level 30) I have spawned at level 27, 26, and 28 in that order of respawns. I don't mind the extra leveling work but the Mutations not granted is unfair to the work I've put into the game so far. This needs to be fixed hopefully without me needing to restart the game entirely.

Upvote 0
So what's happening? the new patch supposedly fixed the platinum bug on ps4 but I'm still not getting it to pop,

I have all trophies except for Science Experiment (despite having all evolutions at 100%) and Tourist (again have 100% collected). Is there a way to fix it in game, I have swam round the map several times now hoping to trigger them by entering the different zones to no avail.

Upvote 0
So what's happening? the new patch supposedly fixed the platinum bug on ps4 but I'm still not getting it to pop,

I have all trophies except for Science Experiment (despite having all evolutions at 100%) and Tourist (again have 100% collected). Is there a way to fix it in game, I have swam round the map several times now hoping to trigger them by entering the different zones to no avail.
They claim they are working on it, but I am skeptical. How hard is it to make a trophy pop if the other metrics show you have all the evaluations and collectibles? Shouldn't this be a two lines of code, at most?

Upvote 0
I also would appreciate a fix for the issue surrounding evolutions not being granted.

In my instance:
  • I'm playing on PS4.
  • Started and played through the whole game on v1.05.
  • Found all collectibles, reached infamy 10, completed all the Apex hunts and unlocked all trophies except the platinum and "Science Experiment".
  • Only 1 evolution which I'm missing seems to be: " Mineral Digestion" for reaching Infamy 3.

Upvote 0
Are able to look into the fact that twice, once before my game was deleted and once again on trying to get back to my level where I was, I have lost the progress and resources on the tiger shark skin.
As it has now yet again been a waste of resources.
I have photos of it being equipped but the body is locked!

Upvote 0
I also would appreciate a fix for the issue surrounding evolutions not being granted.

In my instance:
  • I'm playing on PS4.
  • Started and played through the whole game on v1.05.
  • Found all collectibles, reached infamy 10, completed all the Apex hunts and unlocked all trophies except the platinum and "Science Experiment".
  • Only 1 evolution which I'm missing seems to be: " Mineral Digestion" for reaching Infamy 3.
Pretty obvious the developers are "done" with this game, even though it has these bugs. I wouldn't expect any fixes.

Upvote 0
That is not the case. However we are currently not able to reproduce this issue inhouse which makes fixing it "risky". Right now the best thing would be a 100% reproduction case or a PC save file with this issue so we can determine what is happening (sadly console save files are locked to a profile making them not useful for debugging).

Upvote 0
That is not the case. However we are currently not able to reproduce this issue inhouse which makes fixing it "risky". Right now the best thing would be a 100% reproduction case or a PC save file with this issue so we can determine what is happening (sadly console save files are locked to a profile making them not useful for debugging).
Sure: Multiple users have reported the issue, but you conveniently can't replicate it?? What could have been a fun game has been ruined. My online reviews will be sure to point this out.

• Sad
Reactions: KoldStrejke
Upvote 0
Sure: Multiple users have reported the issue, but you conveniently can't replicate it?? What could have been a fun game has been ruined. My online reviews will be sure to point this out.

Yes, multiple users have reported it, but isn't all users, or the majority of users even. A previous version of this bug impacted more players and we were able to reproduce it and fix it for most, but it seems not all, players. We are trying to figure this case out now, sadly it is not proceeding as fast as we or players would like.

Reactions: KoldStrejke
Upvote 0
Right now the best thing would be a 100% reproduction case or a PC save file with this issue so we can determine what is happening (sadly console save files are locked to a profile making them not useful for debugging).

I've uploaded a decrypted PS4 save file (ue4savegame.ps4.sav) to: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rfh-z6Aby7PqDRIv8Pav-XviPqV4laRt/view?usp=sharing

Hopefully it can help to resolve the issue.

Notes for save:
  • Started and played through the whole game on v1.05 (PS4).

Upvote 0
I’m having an issue after fast traveling, the game gets stuck on the loading screen and shows high power and memory usage (Not responding) on my PC. I have 32gb of RAM on my PC and it shows the game using 11 to 13 by itself. I didn’t have any issues till today and have been playing for a few days. It started after I got to the caviar keys grotto and on chapter 5 of the main story.

Upvote 0
I am one of the players with issues with the PS4 trophies. Some collectables did not register with me, but that got fixed with the two hotfixes. Now I am stuck with 100% of everything (evolutions, landmarks, etc.) bute the trophies do not come.

After hotfix 2 I got Queen of the Ocean / Queen of the Wasteland to pop by opening one of the gates but Sciene Experiment, Tourist and the Platinum still do not unlock. I tried multiple times fast traveling to all locations, swimming manually to all locations, doing fights, leveling up evolutions... nothing worked.

Is there any hope this will be fixed? Just curious because I would very much apreciate my well earned Platinum but I would like to know if this will be fixed or if I can use the HD space for something else. This one should not be too hard to fix, I think: Just put a trophy check in that checks for not unlocked trophys if requirement is fulfilled when you load your savegame.....

Upvote 0