• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Maneater Known Issues PSA

I was level 30 and I had unlocked and completed everything and I lost all my saved progress, I play PS4 Slim , is there gonna be data recovery in the future?, I have my playstation trophies to prove it
I’ve asked the same, I was only 34% and a recent adult shark when my save file was deleted. Initial responses have been that we’ve lost the file and it can’t be recovered. 😡

I’ve asked here if TripWire can allow those with deleted files (as you said our trophies will allow some small confirmation of progress) to be able to access the game at a similar progress point.

No word on that so far, tbh I’m not starting from scratch again. If TripWire can’t allow some form of progress recovery I’m selling this game as I don’t have the time to start again. Really regretting buying this as a day 1 purchase atm.

Upvote 0
I’ve asked the same, I was only 34% and a recent adult shark when my save file was deleted. Initial responses have been that we’ve lost the file and it can’t be recovered. 😡

I’ve asked here if TripWire can allow those with deleted files (as you said our trophies will allow some small confirmation of progress) to be able to access the game at a similar progress point.

No word on that so far, tbh I’m not starting from scratch again. If TripWire can’t allow some form of progress recovery I’m selling this game as I don’t have the time to start again. Really regretting buying this as a day 1 purchase atm.

corrupted files cannot be restored. The save file is gone. You have to start over again.
I would strongly recommend that after you come out the game, go and save and upload your save file to PS cloud. It’s the only way you can be sure your save file is there.
I did this method on my third attempt and funnily enough, I never had a save file delete after that. Took me 12 hours to platinum the game.

Upvote 0
corrupted files cannot be restored. The save file is gone. You have to start over again.
I would strongly recommend that after you come out the game, go and save and upload your save file to PS cloud. It’s the only way you can be sure your save file is there.
I did this method on my third attempt and funnily enough, I never had a save file delete after that. Took me 12 hours to platinum the game.

With hindsight, saving to the PS Cloud would’ve been ideal. However, I wasn't aware of the issue until last Monday and was playing when the game glitched, gave me an error message and then deleted my save file.

Upvote 0
And y
With hindsight, saving to the PS Cloud would’ve been ideal. However, I wasn't aware of the issue until last Monday and was playing when the game glitched, gave me an error message and then deleted my save file.

And this is how we have all ended up on this forum lol.
Exactly the same thing mate. We’ve unfortunately had to learn this the hard way.

Reactions: lfcrule1972
Upvote 0
bug.jpg

O ponto de referência que observei no mapa não aparece com um sinal, aparece como "?". Eu me aproximo do local e a placa não aparece. Não posso reivindicar esse ponto de referência para 100% da região. Excluí o jogo e baixei-o novamente no meu ps4 para testá-lo e não obtive êxito.

Pesquisei esta imagem na internet para ilustrar a situação.

Upvote 0
Its pretty crazy that the game was released in this state. The fps drop on ps4 when hunters appear is just embarrassing. Coupled with a pretty awful targeting system, that lag makes hunter fights a truly awful gaming experience. To add more fuel to the gaming rage for those of us who painfully fought hunter after hunter after hunter in a lagfest mistarget mayhem for our adaptations, sorry your save game is gone, please start again. A simple design of quicksave, autosave and targeted save, like most other games, wouldve made this issue far less frustrating. Losing some progress is easier to swallow then all progress. Trying to enquire about the return/refund policy just got me a shark-pun filled email answering none of my concerns.

Upvote 0
Hey everyone, just got done with our meeting today to find out where we are at with these issues.

Right now we have fixes, or potential fixes (more on that in a moment) in play for a good chunk of these and I'll be sharing a Work In Progress changelog later today which should cover what the hotfix is intended to address.

Once that build is completed tonight it will go off to QA and our console partners for further vetting, and we will be taking more time than we originally anticipated in the QA process to do some deeper checks, and that is due to those "potential fixes".

Some of the exact issues that users are experiencing we were not able to reproduce locally here in house. But the team has been looking at where things "could" go wrong in different code paths and hardening that code to try and prevent those issues from happening. In these cases we want to do a deeper check on surrounding systems where that code is touched to make sure it does not have unanticipated breakage in those systems.

Upvote 0
I want to preface by saying the reason I am so upset is that I really liked your game. It was a ton of fun, definitely one of my personal favorite games of all time. Until now.

I own a copy of the game on a regular PS4. On may 27th, I returned to a grotto, let the game save, then ended my play session. I did not at any point turn off the PS4. We used other applications, and my husband switched to his profile and played as well. This morning, the 29th, I switched to my profile to play and found all my data gone, despite my file saying I was level 10. My trophy data was still there, but my progress was not. I had reached level 10 and unlocked multiple upgrades and collectibles. Until this happened, I did not know about this game-wrecking glitch.

I am really hoping you have a plan to restore or otherwise add something to compensate for progress lost due to your save-eating bug.

As someone who lost progress (not to mention people who lost more than me, I truly feel sorry for those who reached lvl30 and lost everything) I would suggest something like the following:

1. Adding in some kind of nutrient cache available as soon as you are a pup that boosts you to level 15 or something
  2. Maps that show you the locations of collectibles, available by area (for players who collected everything already
In addition to this, I am sure I cannot be the only player who does not have Playstation Plus, and as such, cannot back up my data.
Ultimately, I feel more needs to be done than just a patch. Many players' time and effort were wasted. This is a real shame.

Reactions: Bartleyb
Upvote 0
bug.jpg

The reference point I observed on the map does not appear with a sign, it appears as "?". I approach the site and the sign does not appear. I cannot claim that reference point for 100% of the region. I deleted the game and downloaded it again on my ps4 to test it and I was unsuccessful.

I researched this image on the internet to illustrate the situation.

Upvote 0
I just want to clarify. After the update is released and other bugs have been addressed; No, you do not have any solid intention of doing something for players who put time and effort into the game and lost their data? You are discussing possibilities, but do not currently have any intention of implementing them in the future?

I ask because again, I really like your game. I am hoping there is something in the future, because I want to keep it.

Upvote 0
It does suck that the one of the current solutions for people having already lost their save files is to “create local backups” of the saves. After spending $40 and 10+ hours of gameplay to just lose everything, I’m not even feeling comfortable playing again and might as well consider this $40 stolen from me at this point. Which is super unfortunate because I want to love this game so much but the broken nature of the experience and the loops you have to jump through as possible fixes aren’t worth the hassle.
Same, my friend, same. It is not worth the hassle for me, either.

Upvote 0
Can I just double check here that people are coinsistently saying how much fun they had with the game and that their gripe with the save issues makes it so that even after they manage to fix all the issues with overheating, crashing, landmarks and saves being erased that this incredibly short game which takes only about 13 or so hours to 100% is not worth playing again?
In a pandemic where the majority of people are just couch potatoes?

I have issues with the game too and I've also spent money on it to play it .
It is bad that there's issues? Yes ofcourse it is, but am I an adult that chooses to play video games as a hobby, (not a bit of necessity, an absolute luxury hobby) understands stuff like this happen in the industry (Maneater is by no means unique having release issues) but was excited enough to get this game on release so yeah, if my save file was erased, damn right I'd play it again because (as many of you have said) it's still a good, fun game! However not good enough to play again for some people.
The fact that they are actively looking into the fixing this issues, listening to feedback speaks volumes about the devs here.
Theye even stated before that it's not their fault and that higher ups in gaming businesses shoved the game out on a set date, ignoring devs trying to iron out all the wrinkles before relese.

"I'm never playing this game again!"
"I will make it my lifes purpose to get a refund!"
Just wait a bit and grow up. If you really need that money back so badly and are willing to hassle the company for as long as it takes to get it back then 1) Maybe you shouldn't be spending that money on video games and 2) If you've got all the time in the world to hassle the company then you've certainly got time to play the game again when it's fixed.

Upvote 0
Really really fun! Like a whole 13 hours of fun. I got over 20 hours due to save issues...

I’m really really happy that I’ve managed to platinum the game, but it was more of a let’s get through this just so I DON’T have to pick it up again. That was through fear of save file deleting.

I’m tempted to just get rid of the game now it’s done but I’m actually going to hold onto the game because I think after all the issues are fixed, the DLC has so much potential.

but I cannot express enough to people to make sure they save the file to USB or PSN cloud

Reactions: seibermaki
Upvote 0