• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Maneater Known Issues PSA

Hello to you, I want to point out to you the different problems that I encountered in the game. I specify that I play on PS4 PRO

1: My console is prone to overheating. Indeed the fan turns on full power and when I play another game, I do not have this problem

2: I also noticed a big loss of framerate

3: I have witnessed a game crash a few times

For me these are 3 major problems for the game as well as for the machine ... I hope it can be fixed, if so I hope you can fix it. Good Luck for the whole team. We believe in you ! :)
I have seen this exact same behavior on my Pro. In addition to this, I have the 99% complete bug as well, except I am 100% across the board. I will assume they will force the trophies/achievements to pop with the upcoming patch. I really was wanting to plat this game before my buddy and I am stuck at the mercy of a game bug. :)

Upvote 0
Hi Guys,

I also had a problem with the "Queen of the Ocean" trophy in my run. I had 100% in each area but had not received the trophy. I was able to get it by opening one of the big gates (the gate between Prosperity Sands and Golden Shores). I hadn't previously opened any of these gates in my run. I hope this can help you further to get the trophy.

Unfortunately I had the already known problems on my PS4 Pro too:

Slowdowns (especially in the later areas)
two to three crashes of the game in my twelve-hour run

But I still had a lot of fun with this game.
@Papprich This fixed it! I had never visited that gate so as soon as I jumped at the red button both trophies popped! Thanks for that!

Tripwire - I suggest as a fix would be making those gates part of the 100%, it would be a quick resolution imo.

• Love
Reactions: lazy and Yocdub
Upvote 0
Please update this thread as these are resolved. I'm overheating on Xbox One X and really hoped to spend the long weekend on this...

I'll be signing up for email notifications so please post a reply if something is fixed or you know when it will be, rather than just updating the topic which won't notify us.

Thanks for the acknowledgement of these issues. While of course issues can happen, this one's pretty bad, but I respect a company that doesn't pretend they don't exist, and communicates about fixes! Better than sending my Xbox off to MS for no reason for sure, as I first worried it was just me.

Yeah i'm quite upset I can't play this weekend on my One X. I'm concerned how long a fix will be, and if refunds will be offered if it's not rectified quickly. They surely can't expect us to be happy with a product that when used potentially is damaging the hardware.

Upvote 0
Level 30 on my tiger shark and just took a break, only to come back and find save file deleted. This would be on PS4. Motivation to play the game completely gone... if we wasn’t in lockdown I would go and sell this game. Such a shame considering I was having so much fun. But after putting in so many hours and then losing the save file.... Na thanks.

Upvote 0
I didnt see it on here being mentioned but the ps4 version is also suffering from constant overheating and crashing issues, I even tried doing an extensive deep clean on my pro and it still crashes and overheats when playing maneater, love the game and cant wait to finish it 100% but where it stsnds with this overheating issues I have to stop until it gets resolved

Upvote 0
I didnt see it on here being mentioned but the ps4 version is also suffering from constant overheating and crashing issues, I even tried doing an extensive deep clean on my pro and it still crashes and overheats when playing maneater, love the game and cant wait to finish it 100% but where it stsnds with this overheating issues I have to stop until it gets resolved

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one with this problem. Especially when I play all my other games, I don't have this problem

Reactions: JesseV95
Upvote 0
Hi, so the landmark on Caviar Key, where you fight the orca the Apex predator is not there.

I'm guessing is a bug of some kind, I tried to uninstall the game, reset my console but nothing worked.

That landmark is all I need to complete the game 100% and to obtain the shadow skin (wish is the best skin in the game).

I'm not gonna tell you how to do your work but please your help is appreciated. Best 🦈 game ever btw.

Upvote 0
I just completed the game and I 100% completed every area, I did not get the queen of the sea trophy so I closed and relaunched the game. I selected play and the game started at the beginning meaning I would have to 100% the whole game again to get the achievement when I should have had the achievement already. I play on the PS4 please help me out with this problem.

Upvote 0
Hi Guys,

I also had a problem with the "Queen of the Ocean" trophy in my run. I had 100% in each area but had not received the trophy. I was able to get it by opening one of the big gates (the gate between Prosperity Sands and Golden Shores). I hadn't previously opened any of these gates in my run. I hope this can help you further to get the trophy.

Unfortunately I had the already known problems on my PS4 Pro too:

Slowdowns (especially in the later areas)
two to three crashes of the game in my twelve-hour run

But I still had a lot of fun with this game.

On my save on Xbox One I’ve already gotten those gates too. My game is literally at 100% for everything. I think the bug is more complicated that it seems.

Reactions: Greasy Granpapy
Upvote 0
I have to stop playing after my X1X shut down for the third time, would rather that than have a broken console. Sucks because it’s a really fun game, but not gonna lie I’m a little bitter about paying for a game and not being able to play it. There should be some compensation for those affected or at least the ability to get a refund

Upvote 0
On pc I completed quests and got to an adult then died and went back to a pup... Then I decided to just make a whole new save cuz like why not? lol annnd I beat the game.. but after i did this and upgraded my sharky boi to a straight jaws mucher.. I come home and load my save and I'm back to an adult..... game not beaten think it put mee back to like the 3rd or 4th quest line i would have to check that.

Other than that glitch happening this game is pretty clean and I love it but yeah tuff for my guy

Upvote 0
Level 30 on my tiger shark and just took a break, only to come back and find save file deleted. This would be on PS4. Motivation to play the game completely gone... if we wasn’t in lockdown I would go and sell this game. Such a shame considering I was having so much fun. But after putting in so many hours and then losing the save file.... Na thanks.
I swear my guy

Upvote 0
Are we going to be receiving any sort of refund for this? It’s been 4 days and I can’t even get past the tutorial because of this overheating bug! I don’t appreciate paying for games that I can’t even play. Can’t imagine this didnt show up in play testing either because clearly multiple One X players are having this problem. To me it looks like you guys launched the game with the bug with the fix it later mentality. I don’t see myself buying another Tripwire game if this doesn’t get fixed soon.

Upvote 0