• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Maneater Known Issues PSA

Hey everyone,

We are so excited to see so many of you splashing around the gulf in Maneater, but we are aware some of you are being impacted by some issues which we know is not ideal. We want to let you know we are digging into these reports and the following is a non exhaustive list of top issues we are tracking and working on fixes for as soon as we can.

• Player camera gets stuck in the shark
    • There is a rare case where the player camera can get stuck in the shark after a cut scene. To work around, players need to quit to main menu and reload the save to clear this issue until a full fix has been released.
  • Progress Loss/Save Game Issues
    • We are continuing to investigate this issue, but so far attempts to replicate it internally to find the cause have failed. We are looking for any and all player information about what could trigger this to happen.
  • Achievements not be awarded after Hotfix 2
    • We believe these issues will not trigger on a new game, we are currently still investigating if achievements/trophies and unlocks not being rewarded can be retroactively granted, but currently we recommend players start a new game.
  • Trophies Not Being Granted on PS 5
    • We believe we know what is causing this and are working on a fix
We continue be excited by all of you who have taken a bite into Maneater so far, doubly so for those that have and are helping us track down these issues in our bug forums.

This list has been updated to reflect post the next gen launch.

Last edited:
I work for Tripwire and run this stuff.
View all 245 featured items
Please update this thread as these are resolved. I'm overheating on Xbox One X and really hoped to spend the long weekend on this...

I'll be signing up for email notifications so please post a reply if something is fixed or you know when it will be, rather than just updating the topic which won't notify us.

Thanks for the acknowledgement of these issues. While of course issues can happen, this one's pretty bad, but I respect a company that doesn't pretend they don't exist, and communicates about fixes! Better than sending my Xbox off to MS for no reason for sure, as I first worried it was just me.

Upvote 0
Also on PC and although I completed the Revenge mission near "Beating a Dead Horse", the Location marker still shows as active, but there is no visible marker near the landmark.

Including this notice because the "Known Issues" seems to indicate that this is a Console-only Bug related to not having Day 1 patch, but I have the PC Retail release from Epic with automatic updates, so the stated situation does not apply.

Upvote 0
Please fix the fps on ps4 the game is so unplayable 😪

Made an account to say this. PS4 framerate is awful, makes the game completely unplayable. Once the bounty hunters show up the framerate drops to 5-10fps and it feels awful. Even just going through the ocean results in many frame dips. The starting area seems to have the least amount of frame drops, but once you progress into the next two areas it becomes unplayable. I was enjoying the game but I had to stop playing due to the framerate. I don't recommend buying if you have the base PS4 until these issues are fixed.

Reactions: lazy and SheReload
Upvote 0
Made an account to say this. PS4 framerate is awful, makes the game completely unplayable. Once the bounty hunters show up the framerate drops to 5-10fps and it feels awful. Even just going through the ocean results in many frame dips. The starting area seems to have the least amount of frame drops, but once you progress into the next two areas it becomes unplayable. I was enjoying the game but I had to stop playing due to the framerate. I don't recommend buying if you have the base PS4 until these issues are fixed.
Thank You 👍👍

Reactions: Silentnight
Upvote 0
I just want to say thank you very much for working on these issues to better improve the game. This is a fun game and have been enjoying it very much. I love how you guys made it. I hope there are future plans with this game to expanding upon it. Keep up the good work and look forward to seeing what more can happen in the world of Maneater.

Reactions: Trapz7
Upvote 0
Is there going to be anything done to fix the lost save data? Recovery? I put down the game at around 5pm today (before your PSA), and was going to sit down to play some of it just now, and my save data was gone. 0 hours and 1 minutes played now. I was level 30 and had just one location left to uncover, so I was very far into the game.

With regards to Queen of the Ocean, are you aware of issues with the Achievement not unlocking even though everything is completed? I’m on Xbox One and I’ve 100% completed everything in every area (all check marks) and story progress shows as 100%, but the achievement still won’t unlock. It’s the only Achievement I don’t have if that makes any difference. Everything else unlocked fine.

Upvote 0