• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Maneater Known Issues PSA

Science Experiment
Queen of the Wasteland
Queen of the Ocean
Tourist

All the above achievements cannot be unlocked on my save. Dead horse monument doesn't appear in game. It says I need to discover it, but going to the location shows no object in the world to interact with. I've come back to it for the past two days to see if anything changed, and my game crashed twice in the time it took to fast travel to dead horse today alone.

Upvote 0
index.php
5D34966A-EB8D-42FA-95C1-CC6D8000E5E1.jpeg

Upvote 0
Had this issue start yesterday; after moving to a new place the game opens to a black screen. It doesnt load any audio and shows open. I have tried leaving it open for hours, verified with epic games, uninstalled and reinstalled, uninstalled and removed all lingering files including settings, saves, and registry folders connected to the game. Through all of that I still have the same issue, after the last one it now opens the game in windowed mode. Any suggestions or info on this?

Upvote 0
Yep and literally just done the same thing again on PS4. Level 12 shark, 2 hours and 30 minutes in.... load slot one and what a surprise... save file deleted and automatically starts again.
Actually was a fool to play it again after the first time. £35 on a game that you literally can’t complete. Fool me once shame on you and fool me twice, shame on me. I am actually fuming and a controller was so close to being broke.

Reactions: Tetra
Upvote 0
Hey everyone,

We are so excited to see so many of you splashing around the gulf in Maneater, but we are aware some of you are being impacted by some issues which we know is not ideal. We want to let you know we are digging into these reports and the following is a non exhaustive list of top issues we are tracking and working on fixes for as soon as we can.

• Xbox One X Overheating - We are aware that some Xbox One X users hare having an overheat shut down/message and are working with Microsoft to address this issue.
  • Progress Loss/Save Game Issues - We are tracking this issue and have had some success in replicating it. For now to help avoid this happening to you, do not play with a controller that can disconnect or go into sleep mode during your play session. This seems like the primary culprit of this issue impacting players, but we are continuing to investigate other potential causes as well.
  • Not being able to 100% (Queen of the Ocean), Landmarks not counting towards completion- We are looking into locations that are not properly unlocking for players across all platforms
    • A Dead Horse Lake landmark appears to be the primary culprit for many here
    • We are aware of other locations that may also be preventing this, you can help by reporting any in the bug forums
  • PS4 Frame Loss - We are investigating reports that users are getting massive frame loss in some situations on PS4.
We do not yet have a timetable to share for when these issues will be addressed, but hope to do so as soon as possible. We continue be excited by all of you who have taken a bite into Maneater so far, doubly so for those that have and are helping us track down these issues in our bug forums.

Sucks there is no timetable, I spent $55 cad on this game & can’t even complete it due to missing landmarks. Also prevents me from unlocking the Shadow Set. Since there are only 3 sets, that is pretty major. Feel completely cheated out of my money.

Upvote 0
Created an account with EpicGames just to get Maneater and now created an account here just to say this.

The game keeps continually crashing even though I've set the graphics/available setting down to low. Maximum game time in 1-uninterrupted sitting was about 1hr. Has since gone up to about 2hrs since my system reset but my PC is cooking and I have to shut down and wait for it to cool off before starting again.
No other game is doing this.

I have reset my machine to factory settings (wiped everything), re-installed all software neccesery (dirext-X/nividia drivers/ all updates), cleaned out internal dust and it's still cooking and will crash if I push it.
Checking the specs of my machine against the games requirements shows I'm more than capeable of running it and even more disconcerting is that I have DOOMEternal on Steam and it runs without any issue whatsoever for hours on end on max settings. That's a brand new game only 2 months old and Maneater tanks my machine.

Sincerely hoping for a patch/bug fix soon. Technically I can run the game (albeit very limited) and it looks so gorgeous that I want max graphics and longplay without nuking my system.

Upvote 0
Just voicing a ‘ditto’ re: my One X crashing due to (incorrect) heat related issues - only when playing MANEATER.

Power cycled, full factory reset (including reinstall of all games), specific delete & reinstall of MANEATER, etc. all ineffective. That’s a lotta time & work to address/correct something which might feasibly have been detected in more thorough QA?

Seen many whacky game launches in my day, but kinda surprised this one was released into the wild with so many glaring & significant snafus evident on One X and PS4 🤷‍♂️

I’ve no idea if I’m correct in my misgivings - and mean no disrespect whatsoever. Just bewildered & frustrated & feeling like a refund may be in order (aware that this occurs at storefront from which game was purchased).

Sucks there is no timetable, I spent $55 cad on this game & can’t even complete it due to missing landmarks. Also prevents me from unlocking the Shadow Set. Since there are only 3 sets, that is pretty major. Feel completely cheated out of my money.

Reactions: Jweeezy69
Upvote 0
Seems I am also one of the unlucky ones! For me it is the License Plate that appears in Saphire Bay at the lighthouse. I climbed up the path and got it, but I almost died in the process. Once I jumped into the water, a Mako shark was ready for me and killed me immediately. Upon Respawning, I finished out the whole map and I am stuck at 98% and it shows on the map that I still need the plate, but nothing is there. I’ve completely exited the game and it still is not showing up! I REALLY hope they find a way to fix these glitches because for many of us, that is all that stands in the way of truly achieving 100% in the game! If it helps in any way, I am playing on a PlayStation 4 Pro

Upvote 0
Seems I am also one of the unlucky ones! For me it is the License Plate that appears in Saphire Bay at the lighthouse. I climbed up the path and got it, but I almost died in the process. Once I jumped into the water, a Mako shark was ready for me and killed me immediately. Upon Respawning, I finished out the whole map and I am stuck at 98% and it shows on the map that I still need the plate, but nothing is there. I’ve completely exited the game and it still is not showing up! I REALLY hope they find a way to fix these glitches because for many of us, that is all that stands in the way of truly achieving 100% in the game! If it helps in any way, I am playing on a PlayStation 4 Pro
I have had the exact same situation happen to me with the same plate and the same way of dieing. It is going to be the only stopping me from getting platinum baring any other bugs.

Upvote 0
Yeah I can confirm the "Queen of the Ocean" trophy is not unlocking despite the fact that i have every other Trophy required for it and every other Trophy unlocked as I have everything in game at 100%. That trophy not unlocking for whatever reason is the only thing preventing me from unlocking the Platinum trophy for this game lol. and I play on a PS4 Slim

Reactions: Galenrandir
Upvote 0