Maneater Known Issues PSA

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice
Hey everyone,

We are so excited to see so many of you splashing around the gulf in Maneater, but we are aware some of you are being impacted by some issues which we know is not ideal. We want to let you know we are digging into these reports and the following is a non exhaustive list of top issues we are tracking and working on fixes for as soon as we can.

• Xbox One X Overheating - We are aware that some Xbox One X users hare having an overheat shut down/message and are working with Microsoft to address this issue. We are also aware that a set of PS4 players are reporting something similar and also are investigating.
  • Progress Loss/Save Game Issues
    • We are investigating a now much more rare progression loss issue and are looking for player help in identifying points of commonality in what they have done prior to having it.
  • PS4 Frame Loss - We are investigating reports that users are getting massive frame loss in some situations on PS4.
    • We believe we have found a major cause of this and have a fix targeted for the next update
  • Stability
    • We have tracked down several stability/crash issues and will have them fixed in hotfix 2
    • We are continuing to investigate other stability issues
  • Achievements not be awarded after Hotfix 2
    • We are investigating cases where some players are still not getting achievements to pop up after Hotfix 2
We continue be excited by all of you who have taken a bite into Maneater so far, doubly so for those that have and are helping us track down these issues in our bug forums.

This list has been updated to reflect post Hotfix 2.

Last edited:
The patch has set my Landmarks to 10/10 in dead horse lake but no way to finish the mission now - the mission is still not complete and since it's 10/10 i can't complete it to get the upgrade. It's the only mission in my list that isn't complete. I also can't unlock the trophies or get 100%.

Was this patch support to fix unable to obtain 100% completion?

Is there going to be anything done to fix the lost save data? Recovery? I put down the game at around 5pm today (before your PSA), and was going to sit down to play some of it just now, and my save data was gone. 0 hours and 1 minutes played now. I was level 30 and had just one location left to uncover, so I was very far into the game.
Same! I had just got my shadow body and I needed to do the last mission with Pete. Let me know if you find something out.

Story progress is still at 99%. Collected everything, finished all missions, infamy level: 10, all gates open. Please fix this!

We've updated the PSA to reflect the items that have been addressed in the hotfix that has gone out to each platform, to help indicate issues we are still investigating and working on for the next update.

We've updated the PSA to reflect the items that have been addressed in the hotfix that has gone out to each platform, to help indicate issues we are still investigating and working on for the next update.
So, still best to not play the game due to the ongoing number of issues?

Brilliant, I said before that TripWire needed to find a way to allow deleted progress to date to be recovered. I just don’t feel the game enough to start all over again. Not with a quality release like Last of Us Part 2 launching next week.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nyurbo
Story complete at 100%, all missions complete and Ive opened a gate (prosperity sands/golden shores won't open tho) but still no queen of the ocean achievement. Any news on when this will be fixed?

Reactions: Galenrandir
I'm giving this a few updates before I dive back in, too let down by the initial overheating and scared by the save game and completion bugs that I'll waste time. At least I'm having fun replaying Wild Arms for psx instead! I am looking forward to playing this when it's done!

Last edited:
Reactions: Jul3s
Couple weeks later. Logged in after the update, and instead of just adding it to my map, the missing dead horse lake landmark has suddenly been completed but prevented me from getting the shadow teeth and 4 achievements:

Science Experiment (50g)
Queen of the Wasteland (10g)
Queen of the Ocean (50g)
Tourist (50g)

I've completed absolutely every other objective, wandered every inch of the map, followed many of the trouble shoots suggested short of completely starting the game over for a single land mark.

I cannot continue any further in ‘Blood is thicker than water’. It is not giving me the option to do any quests after completing everything and needing to find Pete, it comes up saying “fight Pete” but there is no option to find him on the map or quest log...

My issue is that I levelled up the tiger shark skin (amazingly helpful especially for the crystals), then there was an update and now my tiger shark skin is back to lvl 1 wtf.

Game not saving bug still exists on XBox One X. It happened after a crash and now no new progress is saved after the point in which the crash occured.

Updated the top post but wanted to mention it looks like we have fixes for Queen of the Ocean not triggering (we found some hidden criteria being counted that was not intended to be), and a fix for landmark/objectives being done but the rewards not being granted. These should be included with the next update.

Updated the top post but wanted to mention it looks like we have fixes for Queen of the Ocean not triggering (we found some hidden criteria being counted that was not intended to be), and a fix for landmark/objectives being done but the rewards not being granted. These should be included with the next update.
Cheers for the update. That’s good to hear, just freshly completed everything, all gates open and now just waiting :) Hopefully the patch does the trick

Hi guys,

I started playing yesterday on PS4 and noticed that the lvl of the prey/opponents is not shown.
Watched multiple vids on youtube where the lvl is next to the life-bar of the fishes.

I did not find any setttings to change this so is this just a bug that might get fixed with next patches?
Because kinda annoying not to know the exact lvl of that alligator...

best
Chris