• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Maneater Hotfix Is Live

This update is currently
Epic Game Store: Live
PlayStation 4: Live (Build 1.04)
Xbox 1: Live (Build 1.0.7.0)

The changelog is as follows:

All Platforms
  • Save Game
    • Added a backup save system where the game will keep two saves in a save slot incase one becomes unavailable so it can fallback to the previous
    • Added additional protection to keep save files from being overwritten
    • Added additional protection to the save system to keep saves from corrupting
  • Optimization and Environmental
    • Optimized environmental buildings
    • Optimization done to the map menu
    • Optimization and Fixes done to particles that were impacting performance on all platforms
    • Fixed the large crashed tanker in the prologue having geometry with missing collision
    • Fixed a case where landmark audio cues would not play
    • Fixed bridge geometry in Fawtick Bayou where the player shark could become stuck
    • Fixed pontoon boat next to Flamingo Joe’s having the wrong textures
    • Made sure fire that was missing from some Tiki torches and statutes was relit
    • Fixed several environmental collision issues
  • Landmark and Collectables
    • Retroactive fix for collectible and landmark objectives that got destroyed but still indicated you needed to complete/find them. You will need to re-enter an area to trigger this fix in each area. (NOTE: This does not fix quests that show as being completed or objectives fulfilled but the reward was not given. For example: Queen of the Ocean or specific evolution unlocks. This will be addressed in another update.)
  • Quest, Prey and Bounty Hunters
    • Changed bounty hunters to no longer require diver kills to progress
    • Balanced King Mackerel and Parrot Fish levels to give the same nutrients
    • Fixed a situation where bounty hunter boss boats would linger after the boss and player shark had died in combat
    • Fixed quest flow so that it will not break if players refuse to eat Pete’s hand
    • Fixed a situation where infamy would not progress if players did not equip sonar
    • Fixed a situation where the narrator would cut off Pete taunting the shark
    • Fixed a situation where re-engaging bounty hunters after they had lost the player would not retrigger bounty hunter wave
    • Fixed several cinematic frame issues
    • Fixed a situation where multiple objectives of the same type could be selected for the waypoint
  • Player Shark and Combative Wildlife
    • Fixed a situation where the player shark would revert to the prologue mother shark
    • Fixed harpoons floating outside the shark player model without impaling it
    • Fixed a situation where the shark mass in the UI would be incorrect with certain evolutions equipped
    • Fixed a situation where the tiger shark skin would lose upgrade
    • Fixed a situation where the biting player shark would bump prey away instead of biting it
    • Fixed a situation where combative AI fins and limbs would shake if the player shark came close
    • Fixed a situation where combative wild life would stop targeting the player if they played too long
    • Fixed mother shark back of eye during a held bite, she would prefer if you did not look that closely
  • Menu
    • Fixed loading screen hints that had incorrect text
    • Updated credits
PS4:
  • Fixed a controller disconnection that could result in a freeze/crash and corrupt save
  • Added further Dynamic Resolution adjustments to improve framerate
XB1:
  • Fixed an issue where disconnecting the controller or switching profile would result in the game going back to the main menu without saving
  • Fixed an issue which could cause some hardware to shutdown
  • Fixed trees popping in during the opening cinematic
  • Fixed a situation where gore chunk geometry would stretch
  • Fixed a situation where the main menu UI would not update if the player signed into Xbox Live
PC
  • Fixed ESC button not being usable in Key Mapping or Video Settings

We apologize for the frustration these issues have caused you and thank you for your patience as we have worked to get them addressed. For all the latest keep your eyes here . We are continuing to work towards other fixes and QoL updates for all players.
So, when is the next hotfix going to be made available?!?! Or should we seek refunds from Sony? This has been way too long coming and far too long without communication or any updates!

Upvote 0
Still loving the game per se minus the glaring bug issues so many players seem to suffer. If Tripwire won't solve the big issues shortly, though, I might regret pre-purchasing Maneater. I really liked the concept and previews I saw and therefore wanted to reward the developers with a full-price purchase, to encourage more off-the-beaten-path games like this one. The current situation might well throw me back into the "rather buy later at a heavily discounted price, once the inevitable bugs are ironed out" camp. Sucks to be late to the game, but at least it might be more playable at that point, if that's the kind of quality / bug control to be expected nowadays.

One small advice for the developers on here - there's nothing worse than letting your gamers hang waiting. Even if your bug fixing might take a while and that will make some people sad or angry, at least give us a worst case date when we can expect a fix. Most people will appreciate the gesture and even if the date is some time away, we can lean back and put the current disappointment over locked upgrades, missing achievements or melting consoles out of our mind, knowing that we will be able to get back into a working game in, I don't know, 6 weeks or so. Being in the unknown just makes things worse and unnecessarily scratches at your image. Which would be a pity - again, I love your game! I just wish it would work properly...

Upvote 0
I am triggered when I see after 3 weeks in the patch changelog, we have only that fix for PC:
Fixed ESC button not being usable in Key Mapping or Video Settings

WTH! Key binding?! Seriously?
That was the top priority correction to do right away.

The PC version 3591124 of the game is still crashing. We have no news about it from CM or Devs.
Before fixing skins and quests issues, Tripwire! Please! Fix critical issues first.

Reactions: Warlock7PSN
Upvote 0
I am triggered when I see after 3 weeks in the patch changelog, we have only that fix for PC:
Fixed ESC button not being usable in Key Mapping or Video Settings

WTH! Key binding?! Seriously?
That was the top priority correction to do right away.

The PC version 3591124 of the game is still crashing. We have no news about it from CM or Devs.
Before fixing skins and quests issues, Tripwire! Please! Fix critical issues first.

ALL Platforms gat these updates. that one you specified is a PC only fix. but PC got all those other fixes as well.

Here:

""""All Platforms""""

• Save Game
    • Added a backup save system where the game will keep two saves in a save slot incase one becomes unavailable so it can fallback to the previous
    • Optimization and Fixes done to particles that were impacting performance on all platforms
    • Fixed the large crashed tanker in the prologue having geometry with missing collision
    • Fixed bridge geometry in Fawtick Bayou where the player shark could become stuck
    • Retroactive fix for collectible and landmark objectives that got destroyed but still indicated you needed to complete/find them. You will need to re-enter an area to trigger this fix in each area. (NOTE: This does not fix quests that show as being completed or objectives fulfilled but the reward was not given. For example: Queen of the Ocean or specific evolution unlocks. This will be addressed in another update.)
    • Fixed a situation where bounty hunter boss boats would linger after the boss and player shark had died in combat
    • Fixed quest flow so that it will not break if players refuse to eat Pete’s hand
    • Fixed a situation where infamy would not progress if players did not equip sonar
    • Fixed a situation where re-engaging bounty hunters after they had lost the player would not retrigger bounty hunter wave
    • Fixed a situation where multiple objectives of the same type could be selected for the waypoint
    • Fixed a situation where the player shark would revert to the prologue mother shark
    • Fixed a situation where the shark mass in the UI would be incorrect with certain evolutions equipped
    • Fixed a situation where the biting player shark would bump prey away instead of biting it
    • Fixed a situation where combative AI fins and limbs would shake if the player shark came close
    • Fixed a situation where combative wild life would stop targeting the player if they played too long
    • Fixed mother shark back of eye during a held bite, she would prefer if you did not look that closely
  • Menu
    • Updated credits

Upvote 0
(NOTE: This does not fix quests that show as being completed or objectives fulfilled but the reward was not given. For example: Queen of the Ocean or specific evolution unlocks. This will be addressed in another update.)
So they released a patch that does not fix what needed to be fixed. Anyone else thinking they scammed us by releasing an incomplete game?

• Angry
Reactions: KoldStrejke
Upvote 0
(NOTE: This does not fix quests that show as being completed or objectives fulfilled but the reward was not given. For example: Queen of the Ocean or specific evolution unlocks. This will be addressed in another update.)
So they released a patch that does not fix what needed to be fixed. Anyone else thinking they scammed us by releasing an incomplete game?

Yeah, i now wish i never brought the game, i was really enjoying it but now i've 100% everything weeks ago but didn't get the Shadow Tail unlocked or any of the final achievements needed.
You can't even get a refund on a broken game, it feels like this sort of thing happens alot now on new games.

Upvote 0
ALL Platforms gat these updates. that one you specified is a PC only fix. but PC got all those other fixes as well.

Here:

""""All Platforms""""

• Save Game
  • Menu
    • Updated credits

Digital version on Epic Store is not related to all platforms issues.
There is a Unreal Engine crash on Epic digital version at the launch the game that still no appear on the patch schedule.

I pre ordered the game and I still can not play it because of that bug.

• Haha
Reactions: KoldStrejke
Upvote 0
I just bought this game today I had been playing for a good 3 hours I died at teen level 6 and it sent me all the way back to pup level 2, it's obviously the problem with the overwrite save on the Xbox One is preventing any new saves from being saved at all, I paid money for this game and have already spent 3 hours in it I want to be able to see if my progress so if you guys wouldn't mind fixing this issue like it says right here that you have that'd be great

Upvote 0
I just bought this game today I had been playing for a good 3 hours I died at teen level 6 and it sent me all the way back to pup level 2, it's obviously the problem with the overwrite save on the Xbox One is preventing any new saves from being saved at all, I paid money for this game and have already spent 3 hours in it I want to be able to see if my progress so if you guys wouldn't mind fixing this issue like it says right here that you have that'd be great
I hope this don't happen on the Nintendo Switch Version. Also I'm wondering if this bug is effecting the Xbox S and X Series since those consoles are a lot newer.

Upvote 0
We are still continuing to investigate why this happens to some players. We have an experimental fix that will be part of the new platform releases going out in the coming days, and if it proves successful, we will look at rolling it into the existing platforms.

Last edited:
Upvote 0