• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Maneater Hotfix Is Live

This update is currently
Epic Game Store: Live
PlayStation 4: Live (Build 1.04)
Xbox 1: Live (Build 1.0.7.0)

The changelog is as follows:

All Platforms
  • Save Game
    • Added a backup save system where the game will keep two saves in a save slot incase one becomes unavailable so it can fallback to the previous
    • Added additional protection to keep save files from being overwritten
    • Added additional protection to the save system to keep saves from corrupting
  • Optimization and Environmental
    • Optimized environmental buildings
    • Optimization done to the map menu
    • Optimization and Fixes done to particles that were impacting performance on all platforms
    • Fixed the large crashed tanker in the prologue having geometry with missing collision
    • Fixed a case where landmark audio cues would not play
    • Fixed bridge geometry in Fawtick Bayou where the player shark could become stuck
    • Fixed pontoon boat next to Flamingo Joe’s having the wrong textures
    • Made sure fire that was missing from some Tiki torches and statutes was relit
    • Fixed several environmental collision issues
  • Landmark and Collectables
    • Retroactive fix for collectible and landmark objectives that got destroyed but still indicated you needed to complete/find them. You will need to re-enter an area to trigger this fix in each area. (NOTE: This does not fix quests that show as being completed or objectives fulfilled but the reward was not given. For example: Queen of the Ocean or specific evolution unlocks. This will be addressed in another update.)
  • Quest, Prey and Bounty Hunters
    • Changed bounty hunters to no longer require diver kills to progress
    • Balanced King Mackerel and Parrot Fish levels to give the same nutrients
    • Fixed a situation where bounty hunter boss boats would linger after the boss and player shark had died in combat
    • Fixed quest flow so that it will not break if players refuse to eat Pete’s hand
    • Fixed a situation where infamy would not progress if players did not equip sonar
    • Fixed a situation where the narrator would cut off Pete taunting the shark
    • Fixed a situation where re-engaging bounty hunters after they had lost the player would not retrigger bounty hunter wave
    • Fixed several cinematic frame issues
    • Fixed a situation where multiple objectives of the same type could be selected for the waypoint
  • Player Shark and Combative Wildlife
    • Fixed a situation where the player shark would revert to the prologue mother shark
    • Fixed harpoons floating outside the shark player model without impaling it
    • Fixed a situation where the shark mass in the UI would be incorrect with certain evolutions equipped
    • Fixed a situation where the tiger shark skin would lose upgrade
    • Fixed a situation where the biting player shark would bump prey away instead of biting it
    • Fixed a situation where combative AI fins and limbs would shake if the player shark came close
    • Fixed a situation where combative wild life would stop targeting the player if they played too long
    • Fixed mother shark back of eye during a held bite, she would prefer if you did not look that closely
  • Menu
    • Fixed loading screen hints that had incorrect text
    • Updated credits
PS4:
  • Fixed a controller disconnection that could result in a freeze/crash and corrupt save
  • Added further Dynamic Resolution adjustments to improve framerate
XB1:
  • Fixed an issue where disconnecting the controller or switching profile would result in the game going back to the main menu without saving
  • Fixed an issue which could cause some hardware to shutdown
  • Fixed trees popping in during the opening cinematic
  • Fixed a situation where gore chunk geometry would stretch
  • Fixed a situation where the main menu UI would not update if the player signed into Xbox Live
PC
  • Fixed ESC button not being usable in Key Mapping or Video Settings

We apologize for the frustration these issues have caused you and thank you for your patience as we have worked to get them addressed. For all the latest keep your eyes here . We are continuing to work towards other fixes and QoL updates for all players.

Last edited:
I work for Tripwire and run this stuff.
View all 245 featured items
Hi, um I don't if this is a bug or not but my game closed a few times after being killed, I don't know if predators cause it, but I know Hunters do, it happens every time I press respawn, it loads for a bit then just closes, this seems to when I am in ether Prosperity Sands or Golden Shores, if you could look into it, that would be good, besides that great game.

Upvote 0
Gulf Nou Reward
EZxb2IYWsAAmZpA
EZxb7UwWsBExPNx

Upvote 0
This update is currently
Epic Game Store: Live
PlayStation 4: Live (Build 1.04)
Xbox 1: In Deployment - Sometime between later today and Monday is our current expectation (Build 1.0.7.0)

The changelog is as follows:

All Platforms
  • Save Game
    • Added a backup save system where the game will keep two saves in a save slot incase one becomes unavailable so it can fallback to the previous
    • Added additional protection to keep save files from being overwritten
    • Added additional protection to the save system to keep saves from corrupting
  • Optimization and Environmental
    • Optimized environmental buildings
    • Optimization done to the map menu
    • Optimization and Fixes done to particles that were impacting performance on all platforms
    • Fixed the large crashed tanker in the prologue having geometry with missing collision
    • Fixed a case where landmark audio cues would not play
    • Fixed bridge geometry in Fawtick Bayou where the player shark could become stuck
    • Fixed pontoon boat next to Flamingo Joe’s having the wrong textures
    • Made sure fire that was missing from some Tiki torches and statutes was relit
    • Fixed several environmental collision issues
  • Landmark and Collectables
    • Retroactive fix for collectible and landmark objectives that got destroyed but still indicated you needed to complete/find them. You will need to re-enter an area to trigger this fix in each area. (NOTE: This does not fix quests that show as being completed or objectives fulfilled but the reward was not given. This will be addressed in another update.)
  • Quest, Prey and Bounty Hunters
    • Changed bounty hunters to no longer require diver kills to progress
    • Balanced King Mackerel and Parrot Fish levels to give the same nutrients
    • Fixed a situation where bounty hunter boss boats would linger after the boss and player shark had died in combat
    • Fixed quest flow so that it will not break if players refuse to eat Pete’s hand
    • Fixed a situation where infamy would not progress if players did not equip sonar
    • Fixed a situation where the narrator would cut off Pete taunting the shark
    • Fixed a situation where re-engaging bounty hunters after they had lost the player would not retrigger bounty hunter wave
    • Fixed several cinematic frame issues
    • Fixed a situation where multiple objectives of the same type could be selected for the waypoint
  • Player Shark and Combative Wildlife
    • Fixed a situation where the player shark would revert to the prologue mother shark
    • Fixed harpoons floating outside the shark player model without impaling it
    • Fixed a situation where the shark mass in the UI would be incorrect with certain evolutions equipped
    • Fixed a situation where the tiger shark skin would lose upgrades
    • Fixed a situation where sharks that were knifing or above the surface and fast traveled to a grotto would be in the knifing state when they entered the grotto
    • Fixed a situation where the biting player shark would bump prey away instead of biting it
    • Fixed a situation where combative AI fins and limbs would shake if the player shark came close
    • Fixed a situation where combative wild life would stop targeting the player if they played too long
    • Fixed mother shark back of eye during a held bite, she would prefer if you did not look that closely
  • Menu
    • Fixed loading screen hints that had incorrect text
    • Updated credits
PS4:
  • Fixed a controller disconnection that could result in a freeze/crash and corrupt save
  • Added further Dynamic Resolution adjustments to improve framerate
XB1:
  • Fixed an issue where disconnecting the controller or switching profile would result in the game going back to the main menu without saving
  • Fixed an issue which could cause some hardware to shutdown
  • Fixed trees popping in during the opening cinematic
  • Fixed a situation where gore chunk geometry would stretch
  • Fixed a situation where the main menu UI would not update if the player signed into Xbox Live
PC
  • Fixed ESC button not being usable in Key Mapping or Video Settings

We apologize for the frustration these issues have caused you and thank you for your patience as we have worked to get them addressed. For all the latest keep your eyes here . We are continuing to work towards other fixes and QoL updates for all players.

I bought this game almost three weeks ago now when it came out in Xbox One. I have an Xbox one X and since the game came out I have not been able to to play past the first ten minuets of the game. I have contacted Microsoft several times and they told me to “submit a ticket” on your support website. I have submitted several ticketed complaints over the last two weeks and haven’t heard back. You guys told us to expect an update by the end of the week and here we are with no update. Now you are telling us “maybe Monday”. I have requested a refund from Microsoft because this is just bull****, and I really hate being that guy, but I’m going to be that guy. It’s really a shame too because I was actually looking forward to playing this game for awhile now. Let me guess, you guys have no plans on compensating players who bought the game on launch and still haven’t been able to play. If this post isn’t falling on deaf ears then you can contact me at [email protected].

Reactions: Silentnight
Upvote 0