• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Maneater gameplay suggestions

Greyshark

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 14, 2021
Love this game, after playing through it for a second time on ps5 I wish to suggest a few things that I believe all greatly increase the fun and depth of the game.

Firstly holding square (ps) makes the shark drops slightly lower. It's my request that holding square will allow the shark to continue to nose dive toward the sea bed for better manoeuvrability.

Secondly, the lock on targeting needs to be much tighter when on a target, it unlocks far too easily making combat clunky at times having to re lock onto target constantly.

Fear meter/reputation system/ stealth gameplay option.
I think it should be possible to stealthily pull people under the water and even disable boards in a stealthy manor without triggering the full threat response we currently get. Perhaps the narrator can have different nicknames for you depending on your playstyle and a stealthy form of gameplay will encourage a different kind of enemy fleet like investigative underwater submarines rather than the fishing boats and guns that a more aggressive playstyle would bring about. Perhaps on the ground enemies like police or soldiers if you spend a lot of time on the land eating pedestrians. Also being able to create distractions such as oil leaks or broken piers to distract the authorities while you stealthily attack swimmer's.
Billboards and radio narration speaking of other apex predators that terrorise the public, prepaid your fighting them can have you hailed as a hero in the area of you take out these other apex predators and have other swimmers alone. Perhaps a good shark bad shark choice Dynamic, whilst keeping the main story about revenge, perhaps you can gain public support for your cause if you help them but taking out these apex predators and letting them swim in peace, rewarding you with a different set of abilities and skins to take on your main foe in the game.

Atmosphere,
Depending on your moral choices or gameplay style music and mood should be very different and reflect the playstyle, as will as perhaps scaring and damage on the shark depending on plays style

People,
more variety in ai response and reactions to the shark, suspicion as their friends suddenly disappear, maybe a life gaurd on a jestski to investigate a person left bleeding before the full hysteria comes.

Shark selection,
Realism aside, it would be good to choose from a 3 or 4 different sharks with different animations and abilities that we can grow and evolve from baby to elder.

That's all I have to say for now, I love sharks and am very grateful to you for making this game, I'm looking forward to the DLC and hope these ideas will be considered for a sequel. Thank you