• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Maneater Evolves with Next-Gen Enhancements! FAQ

Ray-tracing, 4k @ 60FPS, and more on Xbox Series X, Series S, and PS5!
ManeaterNextGen.jpg

Fully evolved for the next generation of console systems, Maneater will support Ray-Tracing, native 4K HDR at 60 FPS, and new lighting effects that will bring the underwater world of Maneater to life like only the next generation consoles can. Xbox Series S owners will also benefit from increased graphical fidelity and frame rate. The PC version of Maneater will also be getting next-gen updates in early 2021 and more information on those enhancements will be coming in the next few months.

Players who currently own Maneater on
Xbox One or the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system can also look forward to a free, full upgrade, so when their console evolves, Maneater will too!

Next-Gen upgrades for Maneater will be available at launch for the Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S on November 10, 2020 – and for the PlayStation®5 computer entertainment system on November 12, 2020 (North America, Australia, and New Zeland) and November 19, 2020 (Europe).

FAQ
  • This is not a different application/game on XBox Series S & X and saves and trophies/achievements will carry forward.
    • This may require subscriptions to additional services such as XBox Gold (such as for cloud save transfers).
  • This IS a separate application/game on PlayStation 5 and trophies, stats and saves will not transfer
  • If you own a copy of Maneater on Disc, you will be able to insert that disc into your next gen console and download the updated game to play. For those with a digital copy, you will download the updated version directly from the store onto your new hardware. PS4 to PS5, Xbox One to Xbox Series S and X.
  • For those new to the waters of Maneater taking the dive on the next gen consoles for the first time, new physical copies will be available (along with digital in the respective platform storefronts)
  • Ray tracing is being used to enhance water reflections and refractions
  • Ray tracing will be added in a post launch update after release

Last edited:
I work for Tripwire and run this stuff.
View all 245 featured items
Reactions: catloverplayer
Maneater_NextGen_Announce.jpg

Fully evolved for the next generation of console systems, Maneater will support Ray-Tracing, native 4K HDR at 60 FPS, and new lighting effects that will bring the underwater world of Maneater to life like only the next generation consoles can. Xbox Series S owners will also benefit from increased graphical fidelity and frame rate. The PC version of Maneater will also be getting next-gen updates in early 2021 and more information on those enhancements will be coming in the next few months.

Xbox One or the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system can also look forward to a free, full upgrade, so when their console evolves, Maneater will too!

Next-Gen upgrades for Maneater will be available at launch for the Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S on November 10, 2020 – and for the PlayStation®5 computer entertainment system on November 12, 2020 (North America, Australia, and New Zeland) and November 19, 2020 (Europe).
Will this also involve dlc skins,maps etc?

Upvote 0
ManeaterNextGen.jpg

FAQ
  • This is not a different application/game on XBox Series S & X and saves and trophies/achievements will carry forward.
    • This may require subscriptions to additional services such as XBox Gold (such as for cloud save transfers).
  • This IS a separate application/game on PlayStation 5 and trophies, stats and saves will not transfer
  • If you own a copy of Maneater on Disc, you will be able to insert that disc into your next gen console and download the updated game to play. For those with a digital copy, you will download the updated version directly from the store onto your new hardware. PS4 to PS5, Xbox One to Xbox Series S and X.
  • For those new to the waters of Maneater taking the dive on the next gen consoles for the first time, new physical copies will be available (along with digital in the respective platform storefronts)
  • Ray tracing is being used to enhance water reflections and refractions
  • Ray tracing will be added in a post launch update after release
Any updates on Next Gen upgradea for PC? I've been hoping to hear something, should I be hopeful for an update on that VERY soon...?

Upvote 0
Well guys,I dont know if this is the right topic BUT I have a problem to upgrade my ps4 version into a ps5 version....
My Situation:
Since I bought the ps4 disc version of maneater ,but got the PS5 digital edition, I tried to transfer maneater on my ps5 BUT I cannot upgrade it on my ps5.... I don't have a disc drive so Im not able to use the ps4 disc....
I would love to get another solution for this problem, rather then buying it again because I love this game!

Upvote 0
Well guys,I dont know if this is the right topic BUT I have a problem to upgrade my ps4 version into a ps5 version....
My Situation:
Since I bought the ps4 disc version of maneater ,but got the PS5 digital edition, I tried to transfer maneater on my ps5 BUT I cannot upgrade it on my ps5.... I don't have a disc drive so Im not able to use the ps4 disc....
I would love to get another solution for this problem, rather then buying it again because I love this game!
If you have a disc version on PS4 but do not have a PS5 with the ability to read discs, sadly their is no upgrade path. Otherwise you can find the steps here: https://www.playstation.com/en-us/support/games/upgrade-ps4-game-to-ps5-version/

Reactions: Saltyparamedic
Upvote 0