• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PC Maneater cutscene softlock

Pheonix

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 26, 2021
Category: code or animation (perhaps 2d/3d art)
Reproducibility: Always
Summary: The apex cutscene softlocks my game
Description: basicly the game works fine until the apex cutscene's, every single apex cutscene only has the title and the sound before freezing, the only input that works is the pause menu, for the first couple apex fights going to the main menu and then back into gameplay somehow fixed it making the cutrscene play out as it should but the apex great white cutscene doesn't work no matter what i do. i have tried going to the main menu and back several times but this softlock has happened every single time.

The only thing im doing is going to where the cutscene triggers and thats where it softlocks. The way it looks is my shark despawns (for the cutscene) but the camera doesn't move in, the sound and title still work but at the point where the cutscene should be done im still stuck just looking at the title and the ocean where my own shark was.

My settings are the basic settings aka i haven't changed them at all (sorry if this doesn't help)the things i have equipped are the entire bio electric set with all parts max lvl except the head which is tier 4 and the tail which is tier 1. as for the organs i use, i use tier 5 fat digestion, tier 5 brutal muscle and tier 5 hearty.

i am playing from the pc xbox launcher using the xbox gamepass to play the game
i have tried both online and offline it doesn't make a difference.

the attached picture is what it looks like for me when the cutscene should be done. as i said earlier the title and audio work as it should, well exept for the narrators voice which doesn't trigger.

the only other thing i have running that i know of while playing is the xbox launch app aswell as discord when it comes to firewall i dont accualy really know what i have as i never installed any firewall exept what came when i downloaded windows
This also happen to me, every time I get to Apex predator location the game just freeze but I can still press ESC to return to main menu.
I got the game on steam btw, but the same bug happens anyway.
Here is a link to the thread where we are trying to gather information about these types of issues. In order to tackle a bug, we need as much information as possible to help find a cause and a reproduction. Your system information is key when looking into performance issues.

Upvote 0