• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Console Man eater Not Saving

Downloaded the game from Epic, played for around 3 hours quit the game via the "quit to desktop" option. Next morning I log in and its like the game has never been opened before. My save is gone, all my settings are reset. No pop ups about game corruption or anything. Anything I touched in the game completely reset.

Is this a bug?, or did the devs give up halfway while making this game.

Upvote 0
The game is literally unplayable now. It hasn't saved anything since I download it. Everything I open the game, there are just 3 empty save slots. Devs should fix this ASAP.
We are actively trying to find a reproduction case that will help us pinpoint that cause of this issue for those that experience it. Sadly we have not yet found one.

Some players have reported the following has helped them not have this issue:

• Exit the game after reaching the first grotto. Going to the grotto is a save triggering event.
  • Turning off cloud save syncing on their platform

If you continue to have this issue, you can help us by giving us more details about your game system, gameplay environment, and how you play the game. ie:

• What is your exact platform hardware/specs
  • What peripherals/controllers do you have connected
  • How do you play the game
    • Did you play non stop for a set of time, what actions did you take during this play through
    • Did your system go into rest/sleep mode during the session
    • And other "fine" details about what happened during the time period you played
    • What regions did you travel through, what quests/side quests you did in what order, when did you visit grottos and how did you get their (swam or fast travel) etc.

Upvote 0
this happened to me too, nothing saved
Downloaded the game from Epic, played for around 3 hours quit the game via the "quit to desktop" option. Next morning I log in and its like the game has never been opened before. My save is gone, all my settings are reset. No pop ups about game corruption or anything. Anything I touched in the game completely reset.

Is this a bug?, or did the devs give up halfway while making

Upvote 0
Found a potential fix (epic games). I had the same problem everytime i play the game where it didnt save my progress. I played for like 5 hours and all info was gone. I started the game again at the tutorial but rage quit immediately when i started in the tunnels. When i exited to the desktop i saw epic games syncing to the cloud. I thought what was it syncing as it didnt do so previously. I went in the game again and saw that i could continue in the tunnels with like 1 second of saved info. I completed the tutorial again and exited when you got to the grotto. Same thing it saved the info. Maybe try this and see if it helps you guys?

Upvote 0
Hi devs.

First of all I want to say I love this game I think it’s great. BUT….. I’m not sure how your auto save is supposed to work but seen as I have lost over 5 hrs of game play due to the fact that it Does Not save when you go back to the area you can upgrade in or finish a “quest/task” it is very annoying. If you can’t fix the issue it might be worth investing the time to implement a manual save option.

I don’t know if it makes a difference but I bought it through epic games.

Upvote 0
I played for about 45 minutes about two days ago only to find this morning that my progress was not saved at all.
I thought "oh maybe there are some kind of manual save feature that I missed".
So I try to finish the tutorial and get into the first time in grotto.
But No, there is no manual save anywhere.
So I search the web on how to do the save, and they said that It will save the game automatically if you reached the grotto.
So okay, I thought that "It should have been saved by now"
Then I tried to quit to the menu and only to see that there is no any saved game in my slot at all!

Well dev, this is very bad for your game.
You can just add manual save feature in this game and I think everybody will just be happy with it.

FYI : I ran on PC + EpicGames

Upvote 0
I played for about 45 minutes about two days ago only to find this morning that my progress was not saved at all.
I thought "oh maybe there are some kind of manual save feature that I missed".
So I try to finish the tutorial and get into the first time in grotto.
But No, there is no manual save anywhere.
So I search the web on how to do the save, and they said that It will save the game automatically if you reached the grotto.
So okay, I thought that "It should have been saved by now"
Then I tried to quit to the menu and only to see that there is no any saved game in my slot at all!

Well dev, this is very bad for your game.
You can just add manual save feature in this game and I think everybody will just be happy with it.

FYI : I ran on PC + EpicGames

UPDATE:
I tried the solution to disable the cloud syncing on epic games. and now the save feature works.
But it's missing the cloud syncing feature, which means I can't continue my game on the other computer unless I transfer the data manually

Well, at least the game works.
Nice game by the way!

Upvote 0