Man eater Not Saving

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Darrelbox

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 17, 2022
Downloaded the game from Epic, played for around 3 hours quit the game via the "quit to desktop" option. Next morning I log in and its like the game has never been opened before. My save is gone, all my settings are reset. No pop ups about game corruption or anything. Anything I touched in the game completely reset.

Is this a bug?, or did the devs give up halfway while making this game.

Vultey

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 19, 2022
The game doesn't save. The savegame is ALWAYS missing. Tried different things like turning off cloudsync etc. I'm pissed. If you google the issue, it's all over reddit.
Playing on PC via EPIC

Vultey

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 19, 2022
I found a solution that might work for others!
You need to turn off "auto updating" for ManEater in the EPIC Launcher.

KenyNotKenny

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 29, 2022
The game is literally unplayable now. It hasn't saved anything since I download it. Everything I open the game, there are just 3 empty save slots. Devs should fix this ASAP.

Yoshiro

Senior Community Manager
Staff member
Oct 10, 2005
The game is literally unplayable now. It hasn't saved anything since I download it. Everything I open the game, there are just 3 empty save slots. Devs should fix this ASAP.
We are actively trying to find a reproduction case that will help us pinpoint that cause of this issue for those that experience it. Sadly we have not yet found one.

Some players have reported the following has helped them not have this issue:

• Exit the game after reaching the first grotto. Going to the grotto is a save triggering event.
  • Turning off cloud save syncing on their platform

If you continue to have this issue, you can help us by giving us more details about your game system, gameplay environment, and how you play the game. ie:

• What is your exact platform hardware/specs
  • What peripherals/controllers do you have connected
  • How do you play the game
    • Did you play non stop for a set of time, what actions did you take during this play through
    • Did your system go into rest/sleep mode during the session
    • And other "fine" details about what happened during the time period you played
    • What regions did you travel through, what quests/side quests you did in what order, when did you visit grottos and how did you get their (swam or fast travel) etc.