• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Code Making Water & Gravity Volumes move?

StarArk99

Aug 25, 2012
I want to make a Water Volume move up and down by attaching it to a mover, and I've tried "bStasis = false", among other properties, and even though I tag it correctly to the mover, it won't move when the mover is triggered. I remember remember a map Lethal Vortex once made that seemed like it used this technique, but I had no luck trying to replicate it.

I would like to know how to do this because I'm making a mission map where players will need to activate pumps that will lower the water, and another one where part where I want to have Zero-Gravity at the flip of a switch, and normal gravity at another.

Any help would do me great wonders!

Volumes are static and can't be moved by default. You have to set the Property "bStatic" to false, which is not accessible through the editor, so a subclass of each Volume could solve the problem (minor coding knowledge needed).
The problem is that movable Volumes does not recognize players' touches when moving into them. Players have to exit and re-enter, but I am not sure about gravity volumes here.

Upvote 0