• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

make weapons random

Might want to put into Stalingrad maps where you might get only bullets and no gun.

LOL, that is a myth started by that movie, "Enemy at the Gates". The Russians made tens of millions of rifles and many times more grenades, ammunition and a whole crapload of PPSH etc. There was never a weapon shortage, only a manpower shortage at the beginning of the war. By the end, they had 8 million men in arms and all of them fully equipped.

Upvote 0
Ever heard of "logistics"? There were multiple times during the war where units or sometimes entire army groups got surrounded. That would make resupply difficult at best, so they COULD end up running low on ammunition. Maybe not to the extent of spawning with no bullets, but every rifleman wasn't carrying 9 clips, every PPsh user three drums, etc.

Upvote 0
LOL, that is a myth started by that movie, "Enemy at the Gates".

Err... my books (and I'm surely NOT talking 'bout novels :D) say something different. However, it seems it happened only concerning workers and students taken into the defence of Stalingrad as the spearhead of the 16. PzDiv reached the Volga northwards of the City.

Nevertheless, it could be quite a BS for a map... could be hard to find allied players!!

Upvote 0
Ever heard of "logistics"? There were multiple times during the war where units or sometimes entire army groups got surrounded. That would make resupply difficult at best, so they COULD end up running low on ammunition.
In "Enemy at the Gates" the soldiers are sent to attack a city without rifles... The logistics can

Upvote 0
I wouldn't want it. I hate to use SMGs. I'm a rifleman.

as you can see, Kommando, you were right, there are some guys out there that dont know what you say....:)

So you don't have to leave the game, worluk;):D

which is a pity :D

Anyway, I like the idea of not knowing if I spawn with a PPD-40, PPSH-41 or PPS-43..or if it will be the M91/30 or M44....

Upvote 0
Ever heard of "logistics"? There were multiple times during the war where units or sometimes entire army groups got surrounded. That would make resupply difficult at best, so they COULD end up running low on ammunition. Maybe not to the extent of spawning with no bullets, but every rifleman wasn't carrying 9 clips, every PPsh user three drums, etc.

Stalingrad was surrounded, by the Russians after Operation Uranus

Upvote 0
I have the feeling staffies never read this forum:(

They have stated before, they read everything. However, I am sure they don't have the manhours to read and reply (sometimes repeatedly) to every thread and idea that pops up. For all you know, maybe they are already thinking about this idea, or maybe they discussed it and discarded the idea.

Upvote 0
This would end the ever so wrong "9 PPSh-41 + 1 M44"-combination and would rather make it the ideal "1 PPSh-41 + 9 M44"-combination! :D

In what way is this 'ever-so-wrong'? - typical late war Soviet submachinegun section:

1 x NCO - SMG
11 x SMG troops - SMG

The Soviet troops usually involved in storming operations such as Lyes Krovy were the SMG companies - that's what they were for. 1 x PPSh and 9 x M-44? What about light-sabres as well?

Random weapons muts would 5uck a55. The only reason there aren't more people in the thread posting 'anti' views is because it's such a dumb idea as to hardly merit shooting down.

Last edited:
Upvote 0