• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

make weapons random

[-project.kommando-]

Nov 21, 2005
I'd like a feature implemented that you dont have the abillity to choose your weapon, just your class. Then, on every spawn, one weapon out of this class-weapon-pool is given to you. I dont know it really, but I would bet no soldier on the eastern front was able to choose his weapon from a big weaponpool like we actually can in RO. The result is that all weapons are used. For example that everyone uses PPD and not PPSH does not fit with the historical reality.

Hope you understood my bad english and like the idea. I bet a lot of guys wont ;)

I'd like a feature implemented that you dont have the abillity to choose your weapon, just your class. Then, on every spawn, one weapon out of this class-weapon-pool is given to you. I dont know it really, but I would bet no soldier on the eastern front was able to choose his weapon from a big weaponpool like we actually can in RO. The result is that all weapons are used. For example that everyone uses PPD and not PPSH does not fit with the historical reality.

Hope you understood my bad english and like the idea. I bet a lot of guys wont ;)

I liked the idea :) But that "randomness" level should be adjusted a bit. So won't have equal chance of having a PPD and PPSh.

Upvote 0
Hmm, maybe they ought to add a limited usage of certain weapons (*cough* automatics/rare weapons *cough) aswell.

Let's say there are 4 papashas.
And there are 2 Officers (PPSh-41), 1 TCO (PPSh-41) and 1 Grunt (PPSh-41)

Yet there are enough grunt and TCO slots left to use.
But you can't pick the PPSh-41 because they are taken...

This would end the ever so wrong "9 PPSh-41 + 1 M44"-combination and would rather make it the ideal "1 PPSh-41 + 9 M44"-combination! :D

Upvote 0
I wouldn't want it. I hate to use SMGs. I'm a rifleman.

You didn't understand.

You could still choose your class, let's say rifleman. Then you will get a rifle (however, you would get a random rifle out of the 91/30, m38 and m44, according to production numbers). If you choose SMG, you would get one of the available SMGs.
The Idea is NOT that you choose rifleman and spawn with a PPD40...

Upvote 0
You didn't understand.

You could still choose your class, let's say rifleman. Then you will get a rifle (however, you would get a random rifle out of the 91/30, m38 and m44, according to production numbers). If you choose SMG, you would get one of the available SMGs.
The Idea is NOT that you choose rifleman and spawn with a PPD40...

Oh, ok, that's sounds better then.:)

Upvote 0