• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Make Material not cast shadows

Yes, but StaticMeshes have materials on them too. In my case I have a StaticMesh which contains glass, but the glass casts shadows as if it was solid.
Now, I could split my StaticMesh in two seperate models, one for the glass and without the glass, but if there was a possibility of making a material not cast a shadow (like a texture with a completely transparent alpha channel or the black parts of a masked texture) I could just apply that to my glass.
It's possible to turn off the collision per material, so I figured it might be possible to turn off that it can cast shadows.

Upvote 0
I don't know what a shadow map is, but you can do it via projector, which is the best way to do it because it's the most versatile and you can make it project on moving things (like players and their weapons) too, but if the resolution if the lightmap is high enough you can get pretty cool looking shadows on it too if you let light shine through a wire-fence.

Upvote 0