• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Make Killing Floor 1 Free to Play

lukinhasb

Jun 18, 2016
I'm a huge fan of Killing Floor, but the game is clearly dying. You open it up to play, and there's literally dozens of empty servers, with no one playing at all.

Please, consider making Killing Floor free-to-play on Steam, since it will attract new players to the game and you can profit with DLC's, weapons, skins, etc.

Reactions: afriendlycow
I'd like to see it released for free. I purchased several copies of the game for myself and friends way back in the day, but they don't play anymore, and I spend most of my time with KF2 these days. I only recently came back to KF1 after several years away, and there are very few people playing online, as stated above.

Perhaps the DLCs would bring in money, and that would be great. However, even if that don't, how much money would Tripwire really be losing if they released the game for free?

I say they should take their chances and release it for free.

Upvote 0
lukinhasb;n2321879 said:
I'm a huge fan of Killing Floor, but the game is clearly dying. You open it up to play, and there's literally dozens of empty servers, with no one playing at all.

Please, consider making Killing Floor free-to-play on Steam, since it will attract new players to the game and you can profit with DLC's, weapons, skins, etc.

+1

No obvious cons to doing this at this point in time. Although I will advise to clear difficulty filters and just join any server; I have no issues finding games.

Upvote 0