• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Crash] Main menu/Workshop Download

slavek

Grizzled Veteran
May 4, 2006
UnrealEd: Viewport #1
Posting this for my dad. He ends up crashing on launch this morning (Was fine last night). When the main menu comes up, it stays up for about 5 seconds before it crashes. On the upper right corner it says "Downloading TE-Yakovlevo" "Downloading Yakolevo failed". He said he has never played this map and he wasn't subscribed to it either in the workshop. I have tried verifying the game files and cleared out his cache/custom maps.

If it might help here are the launch logs and dmp file. Any suggestions appreciated.

Attachments

• unreal-v7258-2012.11.29-09.47.18.dmp
    287.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Launch.log
    3.7 KB · Views: 0
you need to go to his steam workshop and see. i'm betting he must have subscribed to the map on accident. custom maps shouldn't automatically download.
you might also want to go to his cache files and unload that map. (or whatever part of it he downloaded)
does he play other custom maps? or just the stock ones? if he only plays stock maps, you might just delete everything in that cache folder.

p.s. tell your dad, i think naming his computer "scrapheap", was brilliant. :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0