• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Mad Husk [Mut]

This used to work on a past server of mine. However, I didn't back it up, and I recently started from scratch. I'm also actually having problems with not only this specimen but others as well. I can summon the zed, but it's just not spawning. Any idea what I could be doing wrong?

I placed MDgib.usx into my Staticmeshes directory. MadHusk.ini, MadHusk.u, and MadHusk.ucl were placed into my System folder. MD.utx was placed inside my Textures folder.

In my KillingFloor.ini under [Engine.GameEngine] I added ServerPackages=MadHusk.

Using a Web Admin interface I enabled the mutator by selecting "Add Mad Husk" and then set the selected mutators before switching the map. As far as I know this is what I did before, and I have no clue what additional step may be required. I'd prefer to avoid Sandbox at this time.

Edit: Just to test things out I did enable Sandbox and edited my killingfloor.ini file to include the zed in the KFMod.KFGameType section. The zed then spawned as expected.

I have decided that I actually do not mind using Sandbox for this now. However, I am wondering how I should go about creating my monster squads for the new specimens. I plan on using quite a few ultimately. For now I have just added the Mad Husk (reflected the MonsterSquad lines for the Husk) and Jason Vorhees (reflected the MonsterSquad lines for the Scrake). I decided to have the Mad Husk spawn in the same waves just like the Husk, and as of last night I had Jason Vorhees spawn just like the Scrake. However, I think I need to change that. Jason should be more special imho, and I wonder how the creator intended for him to spawn.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ooooh, this looks like a cool specimen to add to my sandbox(I'm guessing it will require it unless there's a mut to reset squads on map change? - or perhaps author has updated this to work with the recent version of KF?) play......anyone got a working download link....?

Also I think your server is dead: 91.121.92.222:8807 -tried connecting to it with the intention of trying out this new speciman, but got a connection failed..... Anyone else with this specimen on their server that I could try out to see what it's like before adding to my own, seeing how the download link is dead...and therefore I can't really test it myself on my own box...?

Upvote 0