• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

MAC10 Concept: Removable silencer

YoYoBatty

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 17, 2009
Canada
Yes thats right, you heard me correctly, a removable silencer for the MAC10! After spending hours figuring out how I would get this to work I finally got it, all I need is the animations from The_Sorrow for taking the silencer off and putting it back on and it should be done! I also discovered while making this that the MAC10 has unsilenced firing sounds and I decided to use those as the unsilenced sounds (obviously).
Expected to release in a few days. Keep your eyes on this thread because one day you might see a download link or 2.

They arent going to like it if it replaces alt fire mode...

If you dont have time for anything decent why do you even bother? Its like every time someone asks you to do something or to explain something youve done your answer is "I dont have time" and yet in the same page you say you "dont have much to do"

A silencer could be fun but if its basically un-usable then no.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
LOL sorry came off a bit negative there, I just know it has been mentioned before and there were more negative responses than positive ones.

Anyway, what do you mean by don't have the time? I don't understand that concept because I never realised modding was a race against time. imo modding is relaxing and enjoyful and like anything, time should be taken.
For instance, look at the IS2 you released? it had issues, where as there are no deadlines on mods, the more time taken and the much better the final product.
My vehicle mod was a year in the making and to me it was still rushed and in hindsight, I wish I would have taken longer on details but we live and learn.

Release it when you release it and don't feel as though it has to be done yesterday.

I fully agree though that the mod is going to lack support if you sacrifice such a handy function like the semi auto, which is what I always use, so for that reason, I will not download the mod as it will lose the usefulness that is currently has.
I seriously think you should take a couple of weeks to find out how to bind the flashlight, which isn't in use.

This mod could open the door to so many possibilities if it works well, the secondary animation could be used for making other attachments on other weapons, like laser dots, or grenade launchers, so again, I am for this mod, just because of the modding potential.

Last edited:
Reactions: J.D.*
Upvote 0
My opinion on this subject is that I dislike every gun mod out there that simple replaces another gun, adds an useless function or adds jet another gun from some game from the past with massive explosions and stuff....lol. It doesnt add anything new....and I would rather see people create new gamemodes or specimens. But again...this is my opinion... I do like Braindeads weapon shop thingybob...

Then again why have a silencer installed in the middle of an apocalypse...or do the specimens react to sound? lol :)

Upvote 0
and if I have a computer, and I completely agree with (smalldemon), there will be no difference in how the zeds see you compared to when there is no suppressor, so hopefully with a usable stock the gun can have less recoil, I'd rather animate a completely new gun instead of one which allready exists which I have allready done with the 9mm, only because that animation owned and was a test for a new weapon :B, btw I bought a new powersupply :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
and if I have a computer, and I completely agree with (smalldemon), there will be no difference in how the zeds see you compared to when there is no suppressor, so hopefully with a usable stock the gun can have less recoil, I'd rather animate a completely new gun instead of one which allready exists which I have allready done with the 9mm, only because that animation owned and was a test for a new weapon :B, btw I bought a new powersupply :D

Sounds good. Get yur arse on steam eh.

Upvote 0