• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics M38 vs. MN30/91 vs. M44

Pointing faster has to do with ones mouse sensitivity.

As for shouldering both rifles tied at about 3/4 of a second. If there is any difference it is too minute to tell.

For shouldering longer Im assuming you are refering to the amount of time before the shakyness begins. In which case both can be shouldered for almost 5 seconds before moving in the standing and crouched positions. The only thing left is the amount of movement when aiming.

Upvote 0
If you're a rifleman and you think there is a very high probability of CQB then pick one of the carbines for the reasons mentioned (especially noticeable is the quickness with which you can dart them around), otherwise pick the MN30/91 as it's a good deal more accurate.

If the map doesen't have an m44, then I usually take an m91/30 because it has a bayonet. Makes CQB alot easier and quicker.

Upvote 0
I eint good to the point that I actually notice a difference in shooting between the 3 so this is my Idea

3091 = More accurate in your mind because that is what is said.
You will attach the bayo, will waste time that could have been used rushing to your destination unless you attach it once you exosted your stamina

38 ****s because you can not put the bayo on it...
Stabbing is fun, bayo is needed for close quarter combat

The m44 has the bayo intergrated so its the one I like the most ::D :p

Thats for the newbi point of view

Upvote 0
3091 = More accurate in your mind because that is what is said.
You will attach the bayo, will waste time that could have been used rushing to your destination unless you attach it once you exosted your stamina

The m44 has the bayo intergrated so its the one I like the most ::D :p

Thats for the newbi point of view
You realise the the M38 & m44 are SHORTER versions of the MN30/91 and not just the MN30/91 with or without a bayonette permanently attached? They ARE less accurate.

Upvote 0
I personally perfer the M38 because of the shortness, which comes in handy in Close Quarters. Checking corners wont give away your position like a longer rifle would.

I also seem to have better luck with bashing in melee than I do with a bayonette. But thats why the choice of rifles is all about personal taste.

Upvote 0
not quite. iirc actually the ifles were zeroed/calibrated with bayo attached.

anyway, in ro i don't think there is a difference.

This is correct. Soviet rifles were zeroed in with the bayonets as Soviet doctrine says soldiers could only dismount their bayonets when ordered. (unlike in other militaries where you could only mount your bayonet when ordered.)

For this simple reason, I prefer the M44 except when I can't use it, then the M91. No real point to use the M38 if you aren't on a horse.

Upvote 0
lols i was thinking that same kind of though .. useless bayos? whatareyanuts?!?! i got 6 bayo kills in 7 seconds once on greyghosts...

Bayos never seem to do me justice, and I am very good at this game. Lets see, its very hard trying to hit somebody with a bayonet, especially when they are moving.(I even heard its hard hitting with a bayonet in real life) Obviously, you have to be point blank to hit them, and anybody can shoot you before they get that close, unless the enemy is an idiot. Hipshooting all the way. With hipshots, you can take out a pesky SMG before he kills you, with bayonet, your hopless. Good luck taking on SMGs head on with bayonets with there barrels blazing, at least I have hope with hipshots.

Upvote 0