• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics M38 vs. MN30/91 vs. M44

I think the devs said, either when the game first came out or during the mod that the bayonet only decreases your accuracy in the sense that it makes your arms get tired and the barrel will start swaying sooner. Outside of that, I don't think there's a huge functional difference with bayo on or off.

The carbines seem faster in free-aim, though I'd bet the 38 is a little bit faster than the 44 simply because of the reduced weight. The 44 makes up for it with the bayonet, though.

Upvote 0
Personally, I think the bolting, aiming and reloading is a helluva lot faster for the carbines. I find it to be much quicker, and on most maps, the distances aren't great enough to require the 91/30's greater accuracy.

JM2C

signed, the accuracy of the 91/30 is good on a map like konigsplazt for long distances shots, but i always take the 38 over the 91/30 as it rarely ever fails me, and when possible il take a m44

Upvote 0
I ran a few tests to compare the MN30/91 and the M38:

Rechamber Time:
-Both Rifles took about 7.5 seconds to unload all 5 shots while aiming

Reload Time:
-Both Rifles could reload in about 6 seconds

Hip Rechamber Time:
-Both Rifles took about 8 seconds to unload all 5 shots while firing from the hip.

Unless the differnce is in split seconds the rumors that say one reloads/fires faster than the other are false. HOWEVER, before everyone flames me there are still untested factors such as holstering time, controlability, accuracy, aim down sights raise time and more. But for now the only certain advantage of the M38 is that it is shorter and may not stick out as much.

Upvote 0