• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics m38 carbine and m44 carbine

In small maps M44 feels slightly faster and more agile than 91. I don't know if there really is any difference, but that's just a gut feeling. And as said it has fixed bayonet so there's one less thing to screw up, like hitting F instead of R in the middle of fire fight. M38 doesn't have bayonet which is a serious shortcoming, so I don't normally use it.

Upvote 0
If I'm not mistaken, the 91/30 has a longer reach with its bayonet than the m44 and the kar98k, which gives it an advantage if you're good at gauging range and keeping yourself in the sweet spot where only you can strike. That's hard to do though when both you and your target are dancing around like a mix between jousters and sumo wrestlers.

Regarding the carbines, I use the m44 because of the bayonet and never touch the m38, but as far as shooting is concerned, all three rifles feel fine for me and the faster bolting and shouldering times don't impress me much. It depends on mood. If I want to feel fast and agile I use the m44, if I want to feel like I have a freakin' spear in my hands that spits lead, I use the full rifle.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Both the M38 and M44 have faster bolting and shouldering times than the full mosin. This is better in close combat. The M44 is particularly nice since the bayonet is permanently on. The reduction in accuracy is fairly minimal.

What Logistic said. I also find it easier to hipshoot. Usually I'm doing M38 and situations where I really miss the bayo are rare - I'll hipshoot the other gadge in the face, anyway. Or not.

Upvote 0
i dont remember which rifle it is but i know one of them fires a tad to the left (or is it right,its been so long) so when people start with one rifle they find switching over hard from short to long or vise versa because the hit positions are slightly different, which effects long range shooting greatly ;).

PS for the most part just take the long rifle, more bayo range and more accuracy for blowing those nasty krautsies away...

Upvote 0