• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RS m1918 BAR unlock suggestions

theta123

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Today i picked up my first BAR wich had the lvl 25 unlock "Front pistol grip'

An already powerfull weapon becoming even better to control just doesnt make sense to me. I havent found also a single example of BAR wich has such a front handgrip like the Thompson m1928A1

here is a better suggestion=

-LVL 25 unlock=Bipod
-LVL 50 unlock="Rube Goldberg" ROF reducer
Allows the choosing between 600RPM and 300RPM.

Today i picked up my first BAR wich had the lvl 25 unlock "Front pistol grip'

An already powerfull weapon becoming even better to control just doesnt make sense to me. I havent found also a single example of BAR wich has such a front handgrip like the Thompson m1928A1

not exactly grip from 1928 but its close enough

BAR5.jpg

BAR4.jpg

BAR3.jpg

BAR is a fearsome weapon in the right hands. I think the 20 round mag and no quick barrel change are handicaps enough. It's a damn good weapon for the reason that it was a damn good weapon in real life.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The front grip was frequently added by troops in the field. Another upgrade (although much less common), were custom made 30-round "banana" magazines. I'm sure the latter wasn't added in the game due to balance issues though.

For the record, the bipod was almost never used - it added to the already crazy weight of the BAR and often got snagged on "stuff", especially in the jungle. It sorta doesn't make sense for it to be a level 50 unlock, but whatevs.

Oh and here's a bonus pic of a BAR with a 40-round mag :)

Image953.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0