• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RS M1903A1 magazine cutoff.

M1903A1 magazine cutoff.

• Yes!

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Yes but only when their are no urgent matters

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • Nope.avi

Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Neutral on this.

Votes: 5 15.2%

• Total voters

theta123

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Good day sirs.

I have made this thread to suggest a non important, yet unique feature that hassent been used in any video game

The M1903 springfield is The sexiest rifle in RS. Closely followed by the Type 38. Its my favorite rifle without a doubt.

This rifle has, a feature wich most armies discared already by ww1. The magazine cut-off
This devise is the switch on the left side of the stock, below the rear end of the reciever. it is a device that allows a soldier to simply cut off the supply of rounds from the magazine, yet allows round to be loaded 1 by 1 into the rifle.

When smokeless powder and repeating rifles were first developed in the 1860's-1890's, people in charge of armies were afraid that soldiers would panick in battle and quickly use up all there ammo, instead of aiming. At those times, "Only the shots that hit count" motto was in affect. most armies discarded the cutoff quickly however. But the M1903-A1-A3 rifle Kept this feature all the way to the end of its service life.

It is standard on any springfield. Used alot in training, but in theory, barely in combat. Because what soldier wants to load rounds in a rifle one at a time, then fire, load again, then fire.
When he has a full magazine??

However..it does has an advantage. In our little video game, we can use it when we fire from long range, and when time is needed, we can flip the cut-off off, and have a fully loaded magazine ready to be used! Always hate it when an banzai charge is happening, yet your magazine has 2 rounds left? Well it can be solved with this! Just flip the switch to off and Voila, 5 Fresh rounds ready for instant usage!

This is ofcourse, not an important thing that needs to be added. Nor is it actually even needed at all. Still, it is ON the rifle. I love RO for the reasons like, manual bolting, Opening and closing the bolt whenever you want, Adjusting rear sights at will..and
well why not play with the magazine cutoff aswel? :D

e68-6.jpg

4328543683_3ae9ce77dd.jpg

Last edited:
Okay today i played with the M1903A1 the whole day, reaching lvl 35. I love this rifle. Screw garand!

In several cases did i found myself in a situation when i would have had use for the magazine cutoff. On kwajalein, US had to defend. I guarded the left flank (Right flank on the map) and was firing at 150 meters at incoming japs. These appeared sporadic, as they were attacking more on our other flanks.

8 kills. 1 round left in the magazine, 1 in the chamber. Suddently half a squad of japs attacked. I was out of ammo in no time, reloading was gonna take to long,so i charged aswel and i was able to take out one other jap but then i got overrun.

I knew the entire 15 minutes the following=I really could have used a magazine cutoff now...
If i had this device, i would have been able to have a full magazine ready and waiting when those guys would have attacked.

SO ADD THIS PLEASE

Upvote 0
However..it does has an advantage. In our little video game, we can use it when we fire from long range, and when time is needed, we can flip the cut-off off, and have a fully loaded magazine ready to be used! Always hate it when an banzai charge is happening, yet your magazine has 2 rounds left? Well it can be solved with this! Just flip the switch to off and Voila, 5 Fresh rounds ready for instant usage

There is a workaround you can use to achieve the same effect;

1) Enable manual bolting,
2) After each shot, press your reload key.

So you're always going to have a full magazine to use if the need arises.

Upvote 0
There is a workaround you can use to achieve the same effect;

1) Enable manual bolting,
2) After each shot, press your reload key.

So you're always going to have a full magazine to use if the need arises.

Agreed, it would be a nice feature to have, but technically pointless since all this addition would do is make it easier, rather than possible, to load only one round after one shot, and still have a full magazine.

Upvote 0