• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
Classics in any generation!

Yeah you know where that quote comes from. True though, as nice as an AK-12 is you can't beat stamped steel on hardwood!
I'm pretty sure the AK-12 still uses a stamped receiver.

Seriously though, would be great to see a 7.62x39 AK in the game eventually.

I know a lot of people whine and complain about how "boring" AK's and AR's are, but they're everywhere for a reason. They're good.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
i was expecting the Seeker-Six actually since i remember TW saying the M32 is OP by design.

But anyway, I would like to see the M16-M203 as a "multiperk" weapon, that benefits from the perks of either. Commando Skills improve the M16 side wide the Demolition does with M203. but even the M16 would get some boosts from the Demo Perk and viseversa.

Upvote 0
I'd like to repeat myself regarding the M203, about the reasons why it was bad in KF1, and what that could mean about it in KF2.
Most of these reasons it was bad in kf1 could be improved on for KF2, if the developers are mindful of them.
A couple of the reasons it was bad in kf1 would actually be inevitably improved on in kf2, without developers even noticing, just by the nature of the games.
There are better concepts that should take priority, but launching a grenade and instantly having an assault rifle ready to fire, well suited to finish off the surviving trash, is an alright concept for demo.
KF1 did not have this. KF1's M4/M203's execution failed too much to even reflect this concept.

Primarily because you were forced to reload the M203 immediately after launching, before you could fire the M4 above. This delay completely negated the utility of the combo weapon compared to firing a grenade launcher and swapping to whatever else you wanted. KF2 with an underbarrel launcher could do better by making the launcher reload a separate event from the launcher firing, that you do later at your discretion, simply by altfiring again when the launcher is empty.

Secondarily because the rifle's performance was crap without commando benefits.
-The damage wasn't enough to decapitate trash on sui/hoe with one shot. This problem fundamentally wouldn't happen in KF2.
- -KF2 gives trash less head health to start with, and sui/hoe doesn't give trash more head health than on hard.
- -KF2 perk damage benefits apply to onperk weapons in general, instead of to their expected primary damage type. Considering KF2 demo's damage bonus is applied to even his weapons' bashes, one may expect it also to apply to the bullets of a combo weapon.

-Long reload, using the charging handle with the trigger hand. KF2 reloads, even without animation-changing perk skills, use snappier techniques than this.
-Too much recoil for the damage you're getting.
-Fire rate too fast to easily fire the exact number of rounds you want in a burst. KF2 full autos have tended to be slower.
-Full-auto-only firing, with glitched looping fire event coding. When you let off the trigger, it usually fires one more round, even if the rate of fire wasn't ready to fire another round yet. This made short controlled bursts far less controlled, and made tapping off single shots usually impossible. Even with a macro to tap M1 for you for an inhumanly short time, in zed time! Loads of ammo wasted. This glitch was a problem all across KF1 for full auto guns using looping firing sounds. KF2 naturally didn't recreate this exact weird glitch, and thankfully doesn't use looping firing sounds for regular bullet guns at all.

A third big reason KF1 M203/M4 was generally bad was ammo proportions for the perk it wound up with; plenty of rifle mags, too few grenades. 300+12 would have fit fine if it were a commando rifle and the launcher was the bonus feature, but it was a demo weapon, a launcher with a rifle as a bonus feature, so it should have had 150+20 or so ammo.
To reiterate, the most important thing that KF2's M203 can succeed at where KF1's M203 failed:
The launcher reload, it HAS to be done separately from launching, not just included as the latter part of the launching animation.
The major potential appeal of a rifle/grenade launcher combo weapon in a horde shooter game is that the rifle could clean up what's left immediately after launching the grenade. KF1's M203 reload mechanics ruined this opportunity.

But anyway, I would like to see the M16-M203 as a "multiperk" weapon, that benefits from the perks of either. Commando Skills improve the M16 side wide the Demolition does with M203. but even the M16 would get some boosts from the Demo Perk and viseversa.
Agreed.
Another consideration, only demo having a discount for it was another big mistake in KF1. With KF2 not having discounts, that'll be a big help in making it multi-functional as a commando weapon too.

Last edited:
Upvote 0