M16-m203?

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

forrestmark9

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 29, 2011
Is this the new demo weapon TWI was talking about? Because I found mentions of it in the CheatManager here

Code:
simulated exec function Assault()
{
    GiveWeapon( "KFGameContent.KFWeap_AssaultRifle_Bullpup" );
    GiveWeapon( "KFGameContent.KFWeap_AssaultRifle_AR15" );
    GiveWeapon( "KFGameContent.KFWeap_AssaultRifle_SCAR" );
    GiveWeapon( "KFGameContent.KFWeap_AssaultRifle_AK12" );
    GiveWeapon( "KFGameContent.KFWeap_AssaultRifle_M16M203" );
}

Last edited:

nejcooo

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 23, 2012
Yeah that's "secret" weapon in development. I doubt it's coming soon. Probably in august with some maps.

nejcooo

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 23, 2012
No one almost would buy rpg if they add suprior weapon you want.

Ryno5660

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 11, 2009
Norfolk, UK
Well with the aoe reduction and massive direct hit damage, M32 could be a plausible T4 which is focused on ultimate trash clear/bit of damage on bigger zeds. I can imagine an M32 with full focus on Demo's right tree would be hilarious.

Ryno5660

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 11, 2009
Norfolk, UK
It'd become insane area denial. 6 rapid 40mm grenades can have applications, main thing to consider is keeping m79 relevant and stopping the M32 from being able to double-down on fleshpound killing.

Greenbacks

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 29, 2015
I don't think M32 would be that hard to balance. With limited ammo you wouldn't be able to do both trash and fleshpounds in a wave with it. It may seem overpowered for a season, but if the player burns through ammo it won't last long. When reloading the first round it could take slightly longer than m79 reload, due to it's size, and the rounds after that a little faster. This would make it worse at shoot, reload, shoot, but still have that potential for multiple shots over m79.
RPG will still have more damage per shot and faster reload, so it would still be a good choice, and would have the extra impact damage on scrakes that M32 wouldn't.

Last edited:

Kothre

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 24, 2015
Awesome, bring back literally the most worthless, unpopular, and least dedicated explosive demolitions weapon from the first game instead the one everyone actually liked, the M32.

Ugh.

t0r012

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 17, 2010
I'll agree the m203 from kf1 stunk.
But I wasn't a huge fan of the m32 either.
Demo was my preferred/primary perk in kf1 and I only ever took the m32 for FPS cause I was expected too.

Kill FP with m32, reload and it went away in favor of the m79.

I had hoped the 79 was going to get buffed rather than relegated to tier 2. Upshot is it is cheaper now for my kf2 favorite perk medic to buy off perk.

-----
Now if a 3rd of the rounds didn't just disappear , I'd be a happy camper.

Last edited:

JoelFig

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 25, 2015
M79 has a larger AoE than the RPG and C4 now. If they implemented the M32 it would probably fire HX25 pellets anyway.

nejcooo

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 23, 2012
Well with the aoe reduction and massive direct hit damage, M32 could be a plausible T4 which is focused on ultimate trash clear/bit of damage on bigger zeds. I can imagine an M32 with full focus on Demo's right tree would be hilarious.
Demo is about slow *** fire rate. M32 combined with nerfed Nuke is still OP.

DMN666

Jun 14, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
Awesome, bring back literally the most worthless, unpopular, and least dedicated explosive demolitions weapon from the first game instead the one everyone actually liked, the M32.

Ugh.

Just for that comment, they will both be seperated and be their own weapon again.

silverlighted

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 19, 2013

Ugh.

It was awful in KF1, but maybe it'll be fun to use here.

Frost Spectre

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 17, 2012
It would be nice if Commandos got M16 too, without a grenade launcher.
On other hand I hope Commandos also get AK-47 as T2/T2.5 weapon...

Ryno5660

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 11, 2009
Norfolk, UK
Classics in any generation!

Yeah you know where that quote comes from. True though, as nice as an AK-12 is you can't beat stamped steel on hardwood!