• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

M14 clip suggestion

sverek

Grizzled Veteran
May 20, 2009
I just had this idea, and I let it go here.

20 Ammo clip for m14 is little bit huge. People using m14 as a panic rifle, I didn't see much people who actually trying to aim for head with it.

I think we need to split M14 ammo into 2 clips: 10 x 2
something like this
wilsonmag2.gif

1st reload will be super fast, since it only switching to 2nd clip. Once both clips empty it will perform slow reload.
This will encourage people to aim little bit to take down enemy with 1 hit in head, instead of spamming full 20 bullet's clip into body.

I also would not mind slower fire rate and higher damage.

What I am trying to say in this suggestion, M14 should stay as a highly regarded SharpShooter's weapon, not SpamShooter.

Thanks.

The M1 Garand uses clip, the M14 uses magazines. Ignore KF's misinformed usage of the word and look it up yourself.

On the topic of the M14, reducing its recoil bonus and magazine size to 10 (plus the model and animations showing a 10-round mag), adding a scope and renaming it the M21 DMR, and buffing damage back up to pre-nerf levels is the best thing for KF's M14. Still keep the 7+1 mags though.

Upvote 0
Well if it's grounded in reality then there's no reason not to suggest it.
Right now the only reason against lowering the m14 mag size is that the real life m14 does have a 20 shot mag and nothing can be done about that.
Dunno about the "splitting the mag in 2"- part though.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The M1 Garand uses clip, the M14 uses magazines. Ignore KF's misinformed usage of the word and look it up yourself.

Dude, let it go.

On the topic of the M14, reducing its recoil bonus and magazine size to 10 (plus the model and animations showing a 10-round mag)...

Who cares if the magazine isn't /exactly/ the right height. If it would help balance the perk, does such a small change really require new models and animations?

Reactions: Deafmute
Upvote 0
You do understand that you aren't right or wrong. You are arguing slang.

It's really not slang. People generally don't say "clip" in place of "magazine" on purpose, they say it because they think it means the same thing as magazine. Not that I care very much, but it's not slang.

Upvote 0
It's really not slang. People generally don't say "clip" in place of "magazine" on purpose, they say it because they think it means the same thing as magazine. Not that I care very much, but it's not slang.

Me being the air head that I am, for the longest time I thought whenever someone said, "I need a new mag", I thought they needed something to read... shows how educated I am in the firearms world Dx (need... to... stop... playing.... mmos...)

Reactions: Salad Snake
Upvote 0