• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

M14 clip suggestion

sverek

May 20, 2009
I just had this idea, and I let it go here.

20 Ammo clip for m14 is little bit huge. People using m14 as a panic rifle, I didn't see much people who actually trying to aim for head with it.

I think we need to split M14 ammo into 2 clips: 10 x 2
something like this

1st reload will be super fast, since it only switching to 2nd clip. Once both clips empty it will perform slow reload.
This will encourage people to aim little bit to take down enemy with 1 hit in head, instead of spamming full 20 bullet's clip into body.

I also would not mind slower fire rate and higher damage.

What I am trying to say in this suggestion, M14 should stay as a highly regarded SharpShooter's weapon, not SpamShooter.

Thanks.

sverek

May 20, 2009
see image.

10 shots > fast reload > 10 shots > slow reload > 10 shots > fast reload > 10 shots > ....

2 mags attached to M14 (each mag contains 10 bullets)

Compass

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 30, 2010
Here's a reference image for a short mag. Sorry I had to find a tacticool airsoft gun.

If you can clamp that without breaking it, I'll be amazed.

CandleJack

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 2, 2009
VIC
The M1 Garand uses clip, the M14 uses magazines. Ignore KF's misinformed usage of the word and look it up yourself.

On the topic of the M14, reducing its recoil bonus and magazine size to 10 (plus the model and animations showing a 10-round mag), adding a scope and renaming it the M21 DMR, and buffing damage back up to pre-nerf levels is the best thing for KF's M14. Still keep the 7+1 mags though.

9_6

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 4, 2009
Well if it's grounded in reality then there's no reason not to suggest it.
Right now the only reason against lowering the m14 mag size is that the real life m14 does have a 20 shot mag and nothing can be done about that.
Dunno about the "splitting the mag in 2"- part though.

Last edited:

CandleJack

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 2, 2009
VIC
Well if it's grounded in reality then there's no reason not to suggest it.
Right now the only reason against lowering the m14 mag size is that the real life m14 does have a 20 shot mag and nothing can be done about that.
Dunno about the "splitting the mag in 2"- part though.
But what if we turn it into an M21?

nutterbutter

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 8, 2010
The M1 Garand uses clip, the M14 uses magazines. Ignore KF's misinformed usage of the word and look it up yourself.
Dude, let it go.

On the topic of the M14, reducing its recoil bonus and magazine size to 10 (plus the model and animations showing a 10-round mag)...
Who cares if the magazine isn't /exactly/ the right height. If it would help balance the perk, does such a small change really require new models and animations?

Reactions: Deafmute

9_6

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 4, 2009
Yes I'd also rather see a completely different weapon than the m14, something with a scope, something that looks prettier... but it ain't gonna happen folks.
You should know that "replace x with y"- requests most likely won't be considered.

brick_top1982

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 12, 2009
It's really not slang. People generally don't say "clip" in place of "magazine" on purpose, they say it because they think it means the same thing as magazine. Not that I care very much, but it's not slang.

Me being the air head that I am, for the longest time I thought whenever someone said, "I need a new mag", I thought they needed something to read... shows how educated I am in the firearms world Dx (need... to... stop... playing.... mmos...)

Reactions: Salad Snake

CandleJack

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 2, 2009
VIC
This is a clip:

Spoiler!

This is a magazine (mag):

Spoiler!

They're not the same, and it's not slang. Any more than pistol, rifle, submachine gun and shotgun are slang.