• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Lyes Krovy

I don't think that Lyes Krovy is the proper name of an actual place. I seem to remember hearing that 'Lyes Krovy' more or less means 'Bloody Forest' when translated from Russian. The name may be made up, but the scenario is more or less accurate. I think that the fight depicted in the 'Lyes Krovy' map is supposed to resemble the kind of fighting that happened when the Red Army started pushing the Northern group of Germans toward the Baltic and cut them off, leaving them encircled with no way out but by sailing out from the coast. I don't think the German navy was in the condition to provide adequate support to evacuate the soldiers, plus Hitler may have forbidden them to retreat. Also, the German unit depicted in Lyes Krovy is a second line, small battalion sized security detachment, that was fairly well equipped, but not very experienced, as they were meant to guard the territory that was seized by the front line troops. If you really want more accurate and detailed information than what I can provide off of the top of my head, then you should research the collapse of the German defenses on the Eastern front in the months following the Battle of Kursk. The Russians made several big pushes in late '43 and into '44.

Upvote 0
It takes place at the bottom of lake Pskov, in order to cut off a highway leading to Narva. The Russians couldn't crack the defence there (so they tried to get behind them).

narva02.gif

Upvote 0