• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

LVTs (Amtraks)

Dr. Pierre Chang

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
The Island
I suggested it in another thread about landing craft and decided it would be good to have a separate thread. Instead of the standard Higgins boat style landing craft, it would be much better to use LVTs that could land on the beach and continue inland functioning as an APC. There were a number of variants including those with tank turrets, which can be seen in the background of the following video. With earlier models, troops exited the vehicle by jumping over the side, but later models had a ramp at the rear of the vehicle.

Of course I had to go to The Pacific for this footage, but you can kind of see what I am going for:

YouTube - The Pacific - Peleliu Beach Landing Scene *HD Quality*

Here's a video from a pretty crappy documentary, but it serves its purposes:

YouTube - LVT 4 Alligator

Last edited:
Reactions: Nylle
okznmc.jpg

2h3s9ch.jpg

Id love to see a well modded Stuart tank in this mod atleast

egzjlv.jpg

Upvote 0
I suggested it in another thread about landing craft and decided it would be good to have a separate thread. Instead of the standard Higgins boat style landing craft, it would be much better to use LVTs that could land on the beach and continue inland functioning as an APC. There were a number of variants including those with tank turrets, which can be seen in the background of the following video. With earlier models, troops exited the vehicle by jumping over the side, but later models had a ramp at the rear of the vehicle.
Neato, good vids, and I agree. And I disagree with taking off the MGs, as they will need some sort of support against infantry. Unless popping up from the transport to aim and fire at targets will be implemented.:p

Upvote 0