• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Luger, G43, and MG42?

People are missing the greatest diffirence between G41 and G43. The Magazine. G41 uses bulletstrips and G43 magazine which really fastens the reload.

Yeah. The reloads on the G41 make it a terrible fit for my combat style. The Karabiner is the perfect balance for me due to nice smooth reloads. The G41 encourages you to fire lots of rounds fast, and then by the time you've killed a single thing you have to reload and it's quite stiff and time-consuming. Obviously this was considered by the time of production of the G43, which, as you point out, used a magazine that could simply be pre-loaded.

Upvote 0
People are missing the greatest diffirence between G41 and G43. The Magazine. G41 uses bulletstrips and G43 magazine which really fastens the reload.

You are wrong if youre talking about real life. The G41 had a flawed gas system. This is why the desingers coped the SVT40's gas system and implimented into their design which ultimately the G43 was born. The method of loading the two rifles isnt the greatist difference. Believe it or not, the proper way to load a G41 is by use of stripper clip. Ive seen people here on the forums b*tch and moan about how the loading of the G41 is wrong and it should be reloaded with another magazine. This is wrong. They did not issue extra G41 magazines. The only magazine a G41 rifleman had was the one that came on his G41 rifle. Men issued a G41 didn't have "extra magazines" or "special G41 magazine pouches" they had standard issue K98 pouches with 60 rounds on stripper clips. This however was a complaint that the soliders in the field had with the G41 is that it took forever to reload via stripper clips.

Men Issued a G43 were issued one G/K43 magazine pouch with 2 extra magazines holding 20 rounds in the pouch, 10 rounds in the magazine on the rifle and a standard K98 pouch holding 30 rounds on stripper clips. Reloading the G43 via stripper clips &/or magazine are both correct. I would imagine if you shot 5 rounds on a G43, you would reload using a 5 round stripper clip and if the magazine was empty then you would switch it out for a new full one.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I don't understand how my statement was wrong...

Yeah the firing system is different, but if in the game, the magazine would be the greatest difference players would notice.

G43
The SVT series used a simple gas-operated mechanism, which was soon emulated by Walther in the G41(W), producing the Gewehr 43 (or G43). The simpler mechanism of the G43 made it lighter, easier to produce, and more reliable than the Gewehr 41. The addition of a 10-round detachable box magazine also solved the slow reloading problem. The Gewehr 43 was put into production in October 1943, and followed in 1944 by the Karabiner 43 (K43), which was identical to the G43 in every way except for the letter stamped on the side. The G/K43 was issued in very limited numbers in 1944 and 1945 to units of the Wehrmacht.

G41
Both models therefore used a mechanism known as the "Bang" system (after its Danish designer S

Upvote 0
Sorry to necro this thread, but while reading Adalbert Holl's (7./II./276. Rgt. 94. Inf. Div. ) memoirs " An Infantryman in Stalingrad", I saw a picture and made a remarkable discovery.

This picture is taken at a park, about 550 meters southeast of Fallen Heroes square and 150 meters from the shores of the Volga.
MG42.jpg

I am 99% sure this is an MG42 in the pic.

I tried to identify the gun and four major points make it almost certain to be an MG 42.

1. The gun's distinctive charging handle
2. The narrow right side ejection port, which ejects the empty metal belt tabs, the shells actually eject on the bottom of the receiver
3. Very sure thats a barrel release tab
4. I can make out distinct, sliding tangent rear sight

mg42check1.jpg

mg42check2.jpg

Reactions: Kleist and Nikita
Upvote 0