• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Luger, G43, and MG42?

Spindle

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 2, 2011
Belgium
The Luger IS in the game. as anti tank rifle man you can use it. i would upload a screenshot, but it seems like TWI or valve has set RO2 beta to private and not public so i can't upload it with steam right now.

If you don't believe me, go on a nearly full fallen fighters server. the german anti tank class has it.
This is the Anti tank's sidearm: A mauser c96

Niklas

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 20, 2011
Germany
oh okay, that explains it, but are we even allowed to upload content from the ro2 beta? its no longer possible over steam cloud.

Reactions: Spindle

TrampledUnderFoot

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 23, 2010
US
scottkeeley.cghub.com
The Luger IS in the game. as anti tank rifle man you can use it. i would upload a screenshot, but it seems like TWI or valve has set RO2 beta to private and not public so i can't upload it with steam right now.

If you don't believe me, go on a nearly full fallen fighters server. the german anti tank class has it.
Thats a C96, not a luger.

Edit: dont watch TV while surfing forums, or you'll be the last one to reply to things everytime. XD

Last edited:

LMAOser

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 31, 2011
THe MG42 is designated 42 because that is the year it entered service with the German army. It would not have been at Stalingrad.
Yes, the MG-42 entered service in 1942. I'm not really sure how that does not mean it wasn't there, considering Stalingrad occurred mid/late 1942 and into early 1943.

Granted, the MG-42 was not widely produced (relative to the numbers in subsequent years) and distributed, but it has been claimed that a very limited number of MG-42s or their prototypes actually saw limited action in Africa, which ended in early 1942.

It's evident that the MG-42 did not see extensive service in Stalingrad, but that does not mean it wasn't there entirely. There had to be someone who had it in Stalingrad, just like the MkB-42 (which, like the MG-42, was made in 1942).

Scrappa

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 1, 2011
England
THe MG42 is designated 42 because that is the year it entered service with the German army. It would not have been at Stalingrad.
There is documents showing orders of the MG42 being shipped into stalingrad. It most definetely made it into stalingrad and in large numbers, unlike the G41, MKb42 and AVT-40.

Jorg Biermann1

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 8, 2011
Buckinghamshire, UK
I would like to add that the MG42 and G43 are not in the game because of the timeline. However, why don't German Officers have the choice of the old school luger, eh?!!!?!!!
I believe it was said the MG42 wasnt used in stalingrad or something like that, and thus it wasnt included.

slyder73

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 3, 2006
Vancouver
too bad the battle of Stalingrad begun on mid-to-late August 1942 :p

it's been said a million times, the MG42 will be included as a patch (so will other tanks and stuff).
the G43 will not be included (unless its modded in) because it didn't exist yet, however we have the prototype, the G41.

Regarding the luger i don't think any officers on the field had them, but it would be nice as an unlockable sidearm for the platoon comanders and stuff. :)
The MG42 was not in Stalingrad. Someone else mentioned it as well. There may have been some of the prototypes the MG42 was based on, the MG39/41 in Stalingrad, but looking that up, there were very few of them ever made in total.
The first documented use of the MG 42 was in October 1942 in Africa. Keep in mind the Desert campaign was very prominent in Hitler's mind during late 1942 to early 1943, right when Stalingrad was going on. Hitler supported Rommel at the time and the first MG42's were sent to prevent the Allies from pushign the Germans out of Africa.
By November 1942, the Germans at Stalingrad were surrounded by the Soviet forces from operation Uranus. From that point on, few supplies and ammunition were able to get through, and the new MG42's were not amongst those few supplies.
I've yet to see anything historical to the contrary, but would be interested if something is out there.

slyder73

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 3, 2006
Vancouver
Had to do a bit of work to check this out. Neat.
This is a message from the 54th Infantry regiment indicating it's state, the top is the trench or fighting strength then equipment. The bottom is a list of equipment that is not yet present or has failed.
The 54th Infanterie Regiment (Jager regiment can also be used) was part of the 100th Light Infantry division. They were part of the initial invasion of Russia. They did take part in Stalingrad and were essentially wiped out in Dec 1942 and went into reserve. They were brought up again after 1943 on onwards to fight in The Caucasus, Croatia etc.
This regiment seemed to have 4 MG42's, 1 of which was not operational. Interesting.

Last edited:

NoxNoctum

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 15, 2007
Not true. This forum has found undeniable proof that there were MG42s in Stalingrad, though shipment manifests. Hundreds of them were sent to Stalingrad.
Do you know where that info is on here? I was trying to find it earlier.

Roardk

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 9, 2011
Copenhagen, Denmark
Luger is in the game i think its an unlock also Luger pistols was rare doing WW2 tho it was often seen on movies it was partly replaced by the more accurate/durable P38 and the other 7MM thing can't remember name

Scrappa

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 1, 2011
England
And half of those were sMG's on Lafettes.

So only 1 lMG 42 actually in a rifle squad in the entire regiment.
How much evidence is there that the MKb42 is in stalingrad? They say that if there is evidence that even 1 made it into stalingrad they don't mind adding it. There is evidence that 1 MG42 made it into stalingrad.

Homuth

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 21, 2010
The Netherlands
The MG42 was in Stalingrad.

And before the MG42 there were thousands of prototypes produced which had very similar characteristics but looked more like the MG34.

I'll dig up the numbers, hang on.

MG42:
1942 17.915
1943 116.725

MG34/41 ( Not actual prototype MG42 but MG34 with increased firerate, similar performance though )
1942 1,707

MG39/41 ( Actual prototype and almost identical )
Unkown numbers for all I know. But I would guess somewhere around 1000 units as that was usually the case for field trials.

Last edited:

Nebelkind

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 30, 2011
How much evidence is there that the MKb42 is in stalingrad? They say that if there is evidence that even 1 made it into stalingrad they don't mind adding it. There is evidence that 1 MG42 made it into stalingrad.
I'm not arguing for or against either. I'm just making an observation. Supposedly 11k+ H

slyder73

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 3, 2006
Vancouver
Do you know where that info is on here? I was trying to find it earlier.
The "status report" note posted a few above here is more accurate evidence than just shipping manifests keep in mind. Most of what was shipped TO Stalingrad after Oct 1942 never made it to the troops inside the encirclement, despite what a manifest said in Germany in regards to what was put on a train.

Evidence seems to suggest a very very limited number of MG42's might have been at Stalingrad . So, if they turn up in game, it should be in very limited numbers, however that might be accomplished in game. Perhaps one per German team per map, or a couple randomly placed around the map to be picked up if they are found?

Sgt.NightFire

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 26, 2006
It doesn't really matter if there were some MG42's in Stalingrad at that moment, the MG43 was still the main workhorse for the German Army back than and that's why we got the MG34 in the game...

Panzer Jager '43

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 15, 2010
There is documents showing orders of the MG42 being shipped into stalingrad. It most definetely made it into stalingrad and in large numbers, unlike the G41, MKb42 and AVT-40.
The G41 was in Stalingrad in larger numbers than the MG42....

Most especially considering there are actually pictures of German soldiers with G41s in Stalingrad, while all we have for the MG42 is unit cards.