• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Luger, G43, and MG42?

Wint-O-Green

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 25, 2006
So I've been playing around with the RO2 beta, and I can't help but notice it is missing three weapons that I considered to me iconic. The G43, the Luger, and the MG42 are all missing. What gives? G43 I can understand maybe not being int he game, but the MG42 and Luger? Seriously? You left those out? I hope the only reason I am not seeing these weapons is because they are not included in the beta, and will be in the full version. If they are not going to be in the full version, I find this disturbing enough to cancel my preorder. Anyone have any answers on this subject?

Reactions: Krator and echutter
I believe it was said the MG42 wasnt used in stalingrad or something like that, and thus it wasnt included.
Not true. This forum has found undeniable proof that there were MG42s in Stalingrad, though shipment manifests. Hundreds of them were sent to Stalingrad.

Upvote 0
THe MG42 is designated 42 because that is the year it entered service with the German army. It would not have been at Stalingrad.
too bad the battle of Stalingrad begun on mid-to-late August 1942 :p

it's been said a million times, the MG42 will be included as a patch (so will other tanks and stuff).
the G43 will not be included (unless its modded in) because it didn't exist yet, however we have the prototype, the G41.

Regarding the luger i don't think any officers on the field had them, but it would be nice as an unlockable sidearm for the platoon comanders and stuff. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I would like to add that the MG42 and G43 are not in the game because of the timeline.

This is exactly why they are currently not in game. Many may not realize this and many may not understand what the numbers mean in the Weapon name, which is the year of the Model.

G43 = Gewehr 1943 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gewehr_43)

MG42 = Maschinengewehr1942 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MG_42)
*though we will see this in the future (most likely a patch)*

But we see both of theirpredecessors in game (G41 and MG34). The more you know :)

Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
The G43, the Luger, and the MG42 are all missing. What gives?

The G41, currently in game, is essentially the same as a G43; the G43 just an upgraded gas system. From a gameplay standpoint, they both would serve as a semi-automatic German rifle and would be redundant to include them both. The G43 was also non existent during the battle of Stalingrad (in 1942), as it was designed in 1943 (hence the 43 designation.)

The Luger was supposed to be replaced by the P38 by 1942, but examples of it served in German hands right up until the end of the war. I'm willing to bet it'll be a DLC or an unlock of sorts.

The MG42 could have possibly found its way into Stalingrad in the form of the MG39/41(which were basically identical) or as MG42s. Most likely will be added.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The Luger IS in the game. as anti tank rifle man you can use it. i would upload a screenshot, but it seems like TWI or valve has set RO2 beta to private and not public so i can't upload it with steam right now.

If you don't believe me, go on a nearly full fallen fighters server. the german anti tank class has it.

Upvote 0