• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Low framerate with high end system

EvilAmericanMan

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 27, 2005
Palm Coast, FL
I reinstalled this game recently, (to find a whopping two servers that I would actually play on..) and since I have a good enough machine I maxed it all out...but I don't get a very good framerate. Its playable, but its not very fun playable. I like a very smooth and consistently high framerate otherwise I don't feel like I can play as well. With an older machine I tried maxing it out and had an uncomfortably low framrate so I lowered it, but my computer should have no problem.

Windows 7 32-bit (reformatting to 64-bit in a few days)
AMD Phenom II X6 1055T 2.8 GHz
ASUS Radeon 6870 (from what I understand its overclocked a bit over a standard 6870 card)
8GB DDR3 1600 RAM (of course I can only use 3.2GB of it until I upgrade to W7 64-bit)
ASUS 22" 16:9 monitor (so I max out the resolution)

I can run Crysis 2, Civ V, Oblivion, Bad Company 2, Call of Pripyat maxed out and buttery smooth. Far Cry 2 has a little slowdown but its no as bad as this game. And its a much more advanced engine as well. So is there any indication of whats causing the lower framerates while maxed out? I know in the past that ATI cards had problems with bloom, a loong time ago, not sure if that got sorted out but I turned it off and it didn't do anything to help.

Last edited: