• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Love classic but........

easton1234

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 7, 2008
North Georgia US
I love classic!!
My only two problems with it are:
1- The sprint speed is just a little to slow.... The old speed was too fast but classic is just a little to slow
2- The zoom should be bound to a key. Not just iron sights. If I am all alone without any enemy around and I want to really take a look somewhere in the distance, I should be able to hit a key and zoom just a little and look. Not pull up my iron sights. Who in their right mind would be looking around a battlefield with their gun to their face just looking.. its silly...... Could you imagine looking over at a buddie and he is scanning the horizen with his gun to his face like Binos lol... But man I do love the game .. those are my only 2 pet peaves...

Great patch and great gamemode mate. I actually enjoy slow run speed: its kind of real to me too. Soldiers arent sportsmen on a stadium. ALso the slower run speed makes the game so much more strategic: you have to think before you sprint across the street. Before you could just go leeroy jenkins style and dodge all bullets while running zig-zags.

Upvote 0
... I actually enjoy slow run speed: its kind of real to me too. Soldiers arent sportsmen on a stadium. ALso the slower run speed makes the game so much more strategic: you have to think before you sprint across the street. Before you could just go leeroy jenkins style and dodge all bullets while running zig-zags.

What he said.
do not touch Sprint speed in classic.

Upvote 0
I completely agree with both points but especially the second. This is also a problem in the realism game type. Automatic zoom on iron sights in realism mode was only implemented with the GOTY edition and I can't understand why they changed it. I love the improvements otherwise but this wasn't broken. So why did they fix it?

Upvote 0
This is just a case of the dev's not being able to please everyone.The biggest complaint from many hardcore guys was the zoom feature and the pace of the game.Both was done in classic to remedy these problems Ost players felt hurt game play.

I never used the zoom before so I can't really comment about it now.
As for the run/sprint speed I agree it feels a little slow just because I was used to flying around in the now realism speed.It feels much like Ost's speed now and brings the pace down quite a bit.

Like I said its a case of not being able to please everyone its impossible.They will fix one thing to make one group happy and at the same time displease another group. Over all though I think they did a awesome job at pleasing the majority of players from the hardcore to the casual.Something I thought was impossible.

Upvote 0
I don't think it's a matter of "TWI being unable to please both parties"!

We're not asking for zoom to be removed, we're asking for it to be off by default, and then (even in classic) require shift to zoom. In Realism this would zoom all weapons to max zoom, in classic it would zoom to the current weapon class zooms (very little for pistols etc).

Upvote 0