• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Question] Loss of frames for no reason ???

1conu59

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 28, 2011
Lille
gfa.xooit.fr
Hi,

Today i'm coming to you with a serious issue which happened to me 2 weeks ago.

I was in vacation for one month so I let my computer to my brother and when I came back to home, I had loose more than 30 fps on RO2 with no explanations. So first I incriminated my young brother, and I just decided to clean my computer and fully reinstalled it.

But today and after 2 weeks of hard working to fixe the problem with 3 total reinstallation of my setup I never found what causes this troubles...

I play with an high end setup composed of i7 3770k + gtx 680 lightning and before this issue I was able to run Ro2 with more than 120 fps on every maps with 64 player on it, now map are still fine with 5 players but with 64 players, I have a big loss of frames, with sometimes a drop of almost 60 fps !

I dont understand why now I lose fps when I play on populated server, while before that worked fine...

Apparently there was no Update of the game during my vacation so it's very weird, and by making a clean install of all my setup honnestly I don't know how I can do now...:confused:

Maybe you will have an idea of what it's happening to me, I hope so...:(

I also installed Nvidia latest driver and tried to installed older nothing changed... I tried, to stress with test my Graphic Card and my CPU but they both seem's to be fine.

Please help me ! :eek:

(This is an emergency call :D:D:D)

Last edited:
Maybe resetting your router / modem will work.

Very strange with a clean system..:confused:

Yes but notice it only appear when there are lot of players on server until 10 its okay but after more than 20 I start to lose fps and 64 + Barashka I drop from 120 fps to 30 !!! :eek::eek::eek:

While before I was abble to play at 120 fps Ro2 on barraska with 64 player.

Upvote 0
Do you use the same .ini files as before?

No I don't, but I did the first time I reinstall my setup but the problem was still here :(

[URL="http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/member.php?u=6452" said:
The Beast (nl)[/URL]]To add,

Delete or move your my documents/my games/ red orchestra folder.

Does that help?

I totaly reinstalled two times the game and my windows if its what you mean and no that didnt help :S

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi everyone !

Just to keep you inform :)

First, many thanks to all of you who gave me your time, nice to have other guys on community ready to help each other, it's also that the Ro2 Community. :)

Second, I finaly found the problem which is simple...

Ro2 optimisation :D

I tested my numbers of frame on different maps yesterday at the same time with an other guy which have the same setup as me and we were very closed on the result.

So maybe the game was optimised for my configuration before but not any more. I will wait for futur optimisation and I would like to notify TWI that i'm open to share my configuration to improve the game. ;)

Again thank you and have fun with new Ro2 contents just released :D:D

See you guys !

Last edited:
Upvote 0