• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Console Losing progress, new player

Obbiewan522

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 18, 2020
I just purchased the game, I updated to the current 1.0.10.0 before playing, made it to level 8, and got to the start of the next zone, went back to a grotto, upgraded, then went to main menu and turned off my console. Came back, level 6 and back on killing Catfish, lost like 10 collectibles. I will put up with a lot of stuff, losing my progress due to someone not allowing manual saves in 2020 game is not one of them.

Listen, I appreciate what this game tried, this is a deal breaker for me. I just came to let your team know that its November now, and the absolute train wreck of a glitch people have been reporting since launch (I did my research) is still there, and has cost you a player.

This game never should have been launched with this issue. Best of luck to your team.

We understand your frustration, but sadly overall this issue is quite rare and we have had trouble replicating it internally, which has made it hard to track down what is causing it. We are continuing to investigate this issue as one of the top priorities and are looking for any player information that may help us isolate a cause.

Upvote 0
It's rare? Dude I picked up a copy of the game two days ago, Updated it, turned it on, played it, turned it off, and lost nearly all my progress. I seriously doubt its that hard to replicate, I guess instead of just taking the loss since your team is having such a hard time I'll return the game completely since it sounds like your never going to fix the issues.

I will say it again: This game should not have been released with this bug.

Upvote 0
Yes, sadly it is rare (Of the over the 1 million Maneater players, a few hundred have reported it. Please don't take this the wrong way, this is not a great situation for the players it impacts and we want to fix it for them). It is one of our top priorities that we are investigating and as soon as we get a lead on what is causing it we will get a fix in progress. But due to its rare nature we are hoping players like yourself can provide insight into what is happening in your game that may be triggering it.

It could be anything (going to the main menu right after a certain event, going to the console dashboard at a certain point, letting the controller go to sleep at a certain point, some specific activity in game, such as teleporting to a grotto with some condition), and we need additional insight into what those "other conditions and triggers" are.

Upvote 0
Nice work tripwire... finally after hours and days of playing, after thousands stutterings, after more than 10 game crashes and 3 ps5 crashes caused by this game... i reached maximum level and every region at 100%, exept for golf with 93%... i just went to finish the last 2 missions, one predator and one boat... then the game forces my ps5 completely to shutdown and my progress was lost abd put in some old stage with level 9 in the second region !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you serious ??????????????

I‘m not gonna play it again althrough that !! And i‘m not gonna wait for a fix, neither want a solution for this !!!! I‘m glad i bought this crap on disc and not digitally, so i can put it out, delete the content off my ps5 and burn this pos down... don‘t want your help, just wanna let you know what crap you‘ve done !!! Furthermore i‘m gonna advise my friends (who i know they just wanna buy it) that they should not !!!!

maybe i‘m overreacting because this happens so close before the end like shutting off a movie at last 5 minutes ... and i know it‘s not easy to create a good game and guarantee it‘s perfectly running... but cmmon really ?? This issue was known early in the stage also at ps4 after release and that‘s what you tell your customers ??? Yoz‘re working on it and the player is triggering this issue ????

it‘s not the player who‘s triggering these bugs, it‘s the game itself !!! The game is constantly hanging, especially if there‘s lot of action going on... the player can‘t avoid this because the enemies are attacking you and because you have to eat a lot for progress, want it or not you can‘t avoid this !!! It‘s the game that is buggy not the player !!

Upvote 0
Nice work tripwire... finally after hours and days of playing, after thousands stutterings, after more than 10 game crashes and 3 ps5 crashes caused by this game... i reached maximum level and every region at 100%, exept for golf with 93%... i just went to finish the last 2 missions, one predator and one boat... then the game forces my ps5 completely to shutdown and my progress was lost abd put in some old stage with level 9 in the second region !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you serious ??????????????

I‘m not gonna play it again althrough that !! And i‘m not gonna wait for a fix, neither want a solution for this !!!! I‘m glad i bought this crap on disc and not digitally, so i can put it out, delete the content off my ps5 and burn this pos down... don‘t want your help, just wanna let you know what crap you‘ve done !!! Furthermore i‘m gonna advise my friends (who i know they just wanna buy it) that they should not !!!!

maybe i‘m overreacting because this happens so close before the end like shutting off a movie at last 5 minutes ... and i know it‘s not easy to create a good game and guarantee it‘s perfectly running... but cmmon really ?? This issue was known early in the stage also at ps4 after release and that‘s what you tell your customers ??? Yoz‘re working on it and the player is triggering this issue ????

it‘s not the player who‘s triggering these bugs, it‘s the game itself !!! The game is constantly hanging, especially if there‘s lot of action going on... the player can‘t avoid this because the enemies are attacking you and because you have to eat a lot for progress, want it or not you can‘t avoid this !!! It‘s the game that is buggy not the player !!
Since you mentioned the PS5 shutting down/ crashing, this is also a problem with the new consoles themselves that people have been experiencing. I know multiple people that have had this happen, unfortunately. https://www.forbes.com/sites/paulta...g-games-so-hard-the-consoles-are-shutting-off

Upvote 0
Hey there. Loving the game but I did lose my progress. I had 2 save files: one that is mine that I have reached level 30 and I'm almost done with and my girlfriends save which was level 12 but it popped up an error and deleted her save. I am a little sad because I don't want to risk my level 30 by playing it without further patches. I do enjoy the game very much and will continue playing but only after another patch. Thank you for the fun game. I am looking forward to finding out the ending.

Upvote 0
Hey there. Loving the game but I did lose my progress. I had 2 save files: one that is mine that I have reached level 30 and I'm almost done with and my girlfriends save which was level 12 but it popped up an error and deleted her save. I am a little sad because I don't want to risk my level 30 by playing it without further patches. I do enjoy the game very much and will continue playing but only after another patch. Thank you for the fun game. I am looking forward to finding out the ending.
@GhostOfSpartaLWT Are these saves on separate accounts? Which platform?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hello, grabbed the game today i have lost all my progress basically sent right back to the start of the game i was lvl 11 i died and there is no way to manually save and the grotto did not do an autosave i am on PS5 aswell is there a patch coming to fix this? Id love to get right into this game but i cant see myself getting into the game if i get sent back to the beginning of the game every time i die.

Upvote 0
Hello, grabbed the game today i have lost all my progress basically sent right back to the start of the game i was lvl 11 i died and there is no way to manually save and the grotto did not do an autosave i am on PS5 aswell is there a patch coming to fix this? Id love to get right into this game but i cant see myself getting into the game if i get sent back to the beginning of the game every time i die.
We are actively looking into some reports of progression issues. We need as much detail as possible. Where did you die? When was the last time you entered a grotto? What was the last thing of note did before death? Was there an objective or anything you completed in the time in between start and tutorial? When you say the start do you mean back to baby in tutorial?

Upvote 0
Yes, sadly it is rare (Of the over the 1 million Maneater players, a few hundred have reported it. Please don't take this the wrong way, this is not a great situation for the players it impacts and we want to fix it for them). It is one of our top priorities that we are investigating and as soon as we get a lead on what is causing it we will get a fix in progress. But due to its rare nature we are hoping players like yourself can provide insight into what is happening in your game that may be triggering it.

It could be anything (going to the main menu right after a certain event, going to the console dashboard at a certain point, letting the controller go to sleep on memory foam futon mattress at a certain point, some specific activity in game, such as teleporting to a grotto with some condition), and we need additional insight into what those "other conditions and triggers" are.
I agree with you because this happens so close before the end like shutting off a movie at the last 5 minutes and I know it‘s not easy to create a good game and guarantee it‘s perfectly running.

Upvote 0
Hey guys, im enjoying the game but i have played 7 times on an xbox one x and have lost my progress 4 times. I made sure to warp multiple times to various grotto and select the main menu to quit in the hopes of assuring it to save but it just doesn't. I noticed that if the game isn't saveing I also stop getting achievements. As soon as I pass a big checkpoint and didnt get an achievement I know that the save bug is active. I know this is a rare issue but as a former game tester I have a special kind of luck in finding bugs like this. I would really like to play again but today i played for 6 hours and no progress was saved. My shark was just getting awesome too! My sadness is great and my loss is....approximately 10 hours in total. Please help me, a simple Bullshark, who is currently beached and unable to play your game.

Upvote 0