• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Losing momentum after sprinting melee

I guess that was one small thing I noticed from RO:OST to RO:HoS, when you charge your rifle butt or your bayonet, sprint forward and release, you lose all your sprinting momentum, and you need to recover by sprinting once more.

I thought it was cool how in RO1 you were able to charge in with a bayonet, and still be able to run after releasing your melee button, would it be possible to add that back in?

I guess it's not such a big deal, and I know sometimes melee can be a tad more bothering in RO2 nowadays, so I doubt everyone will agree on it, but what do you guys think? Is it worth the effort, or will it just make things worse?

I think he refers to empty charges that doesn't hit anything.

Since there is no way to abort a melee attack (afaik) it can be dangerous to blind charge inside a room with friendlys for example, often you need to find an empty corner or space to unleash your (useless) melee attack.

If you played for chance Mount & Blade, you could remeber how the lace would have been lowered as the horse gains speed, ready to hit opponents.

Since we are charging with a rifle, we should allow the charger the ability to fire his rifle while charging (rather realistic imo) and also to abort its charge but keep running.

After all, i won't swing my rifle if i have no targets.

For now, the best thing i can think about this is, melee mode on\off by key. When in melee mode (rifle in charge postion) you can shoot the single bullet loaded in the chamber (but not reload or rebolt) and all your click would be melee attacks. Why not?

Upvote 0