Looking for some sounds

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Divinehammer

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 9, 2006
Sunny, Obamalot
I have been looking in the original content for a couple of sounds: air raid siren, alarm bell, mortar shell leaving the tube. Any one run across these. Thanks.

Capt.Marion

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 12, 2006
Beantown
air raid sirens:
here

real recordings of different types, from london to the ukraine. (Plus the different modern sirens)

the air raid sirens are the "Carter(s)" sirens, and the hand-crank sirens

Divinehammer

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 9, 2006
Sunny, Obamalot
Thanks I was looking more for ones already in the game SDK. If I read it right I have to do some funky importing and a mutator for this to work online. It would be cool if devs could update some stuff like this like more textures and sounds and statics being included in the patches. HINT HINT That way we wouldnt have to mess with it. Thanks for the link I will see how it works

Capt.Marion

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 12, 2006
Beantown
ok. I see what you mean. What you could do is save some of those sounds, convert them to .wav's, and just import them via UnrealEd. That was what I was thinking you meant.

Divinehammer

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 9, 2006
Sunny, Obamalot
Capt.Marion said:
??? you don't need a mutator to use custom sounds. you just import them into your level.

Maybe I am confused then seems like I read that in another sound thread. So you are saying that I just need to import it in. and it will be stored in the rom file.

Moz

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 21, 2005
mylevel

import the sound package into "mylevel" package. now it is in your .rom file.

When you exit Do not save the mylevel package just save your map (.rom)

you can do this with anything

PM me your email and I can send you a mortar sound I have in my archives.

Divinehammer

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 9, 2006
Sunny, Obamalot
What shoudl I don if I accidentally save teh mylevel package sorry I cannot get to the wiki the filter it out here at work. Thanks for the help.

I think that the mutator part was if you were trying to replace the original sounds with a new sound file.

Moz

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 21, 2005
if you ever save a mylevel package. go find it and DELETE IT otherwise you are in for a world of hurt