• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Looking for good sniper game

Sniper Elite...in fact, it doesn't have its own CD Key, so you can get it from the Interwebs...and play it online...

The SP is fun as hell, and often very intense. They give you multiple ways to complete an objective, for instance.

You're supposed to kill a high-ranking SS officer who goes defector to Russia. You'll be expecting him at some big-ass park/square controlled by the NKVD. Now, you have 3 places to shoot him from. You can either distract the guards and get a position near them, or hide in a derilict building overlooking where he will arrive. You can take a back route to a wine cellar to get VERY close to where he will stop, and hide under a truck.

Or, as I did, you can dump some TNT right in front of that truck, get back to that derelict building, wait 5+ minutes (yes, 5+ minutes) and wait for him to come. Once he arrives, fire and watch the bullet debrain him, then quickly hit the TNT and blow the truck to hell, and pull out your PPSH and cut down the guards nearby, and run like hell out of there.

I personally got sick of the game...the bullet-cam headshots made me feel dirty after a while :(

I do, however, remember my very first time playing. I shot a NKVD dude in the chest (and watched the bullet go there), and he collapsed. His buddy just comes out and picks him up. I panic, level my sniper rifle, and fire in his general direction. Bullet cam kicks in, and I watch as the bullet takes off his testicles. Fun. :D

Enough rant :rolleyes: Get the game, or get it from the interwebs.

Upvote 0
That is amazing. I never thought someone would do that for fear of extreme wrath (which it appears the game maker recieved). Aside from the ridiculous amount of bullet drop it's very "interesting" to play. I never knew Lee Harvey supposedly shot him from such a cockeyed position. It would've been a far easier shot from one of the other buildings providing he could somehow sneakily gain access.

Upvote 0
That is amazing. I never thought someone would do that for fear of extreme wrath (which it appears the game maker recieved). Aside from the ridiculous amount of bullet drop it's very "interesting" to play. I never knew Lee Harvey supposedly shot him from such a cockeyed position. It would've been a far easier shot from one of the other buildings providing he could somehow sneakily gain access.

Shoot jfk, let the SS man get on the car, then go for the driver when he floors it and watch as the limo speeds away knocking over motorcycle pigs, finally launching off a hill, dumping the occupants, then crushing them.:eek:

I almost **** myself after watching that, If Lee only had more imagination.

Upvote 0
Shoot jfk, let the SS man get on the car, then go for the driver when he floors it and watch as the limo speeds away knocking over motorcycle pigs, finally launching off a hill, dumping the occupants, then crushing them.:eek:

I almost **** myself after watching that, If Lee only had more imagination.
I know, you wouldn't believe the insane wreaks I've caused. I recorded the best ones with FRAPS. Also shoot the SS man off the back trunk while the driver is gunning it! I just hope some people out there understand that it's OK to laugh & be amused at such things WHEN IT'S A GAME such as this. I mean some of the things I've got to happen are just way too funny not to laugh. The real event however was not funny of course and as long as people separate the two all is well.

Upvote 0
Sniping in ArmA is pretty damn fun. I just re-did the campaign sniper side mission before and took like everyone around the hotel out :D

I though the box to Sniper Elite looked cool then I walked passed my housmates room while he was playing it on his PS2 and saw him shooting a semi-automatic Nagant and running along with an MG42 in his back pocket...

Upvote 0