• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Look Behind You A Three-Headed Monkey!

Mahnsikir

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 23, 2006
Edinburgh - Scotland
As if the folks at LucasArts had been reading myself & Ralft3r's conversation the other day and remembered how awesome monkey island was, they've announced a remake of the original with redone graphics and voice acting. Also announced is a new mini series (like the new sam & max) that will be 5 episodes long.

Not to bothered about the miniseries as I doubt itll be as good as MI 1&2, though who knows and I do hope it is well made, but I am much more looking forward to the remake as it'll bring back one of my favorite games ever and give me a proper chance to replay it (and hopefuly appreciate it more than when I was a kid) and I wont have to dig out my Amiga to listen to the great music (PC version sucked for this) and not have to deal with the constant please insert disc x messages. Hopfully the voice acting is up to scratch.

Official Website Linky

And more info, videos, press release here

EDIT: Just read a bit more of the press release
and an in-depth hint system has been added to help players through the game’s side-splitting puzzles.
*Sigh*
Figuring out the puzzle was half the fun and while yes sometimes it was bloody tricky/hard/stupid to figure out what to do, this just encourages people not to think for more than two seconds, also dont they know what the internets for? (apart from cat pictures of course)

Last edited:
Guess thats why Lucasarts have been such a**es about their IP... probably they plan to release all their old games in time, full price, raking in the $$$ from the diehards (like myself :p )

Gfx aren't that impressive though, for instance compared to the Amiga version that I played. And the Guybrush in the Telltale version has a goatee! *urgh*

talesofmi_mightypirate.jpg

But, will probably get both games like the fanboy I am :D

Upvote 0
I like the hint system myself, as long as it's optional and it doesn't hit you over the head with the solution. It was pretty good in Sam and Max and if it had helped a little more after you had to probe a little more it wouldn't have killed the game either, imo.

I hope those games are successful and inspire other devs and publishers to try their hand at a good adventure game. The genre is pretty cool, but it sort of died down and flash-games took over. It would be good if "real" games would take over the market again.

Upvote 0