• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Login to your KF server through Web Admin IN-GAME in Steam

OK, i figured it out. I managed to bind my custom html page to CommunityGroupSearch section of url_list.txt. It's pretty useless button imo (searches community groups for the game you play at the moment). Now when you press Game Groups (Upper right corner of steam overlay) you will get your custom page.

This works. I had to restart steam for it to take effect.

Code:
{
CommunityGroupSearch
{
	url		"file:///I:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Steam/Public/web.admin.mod.html"
	method		"internal"
}

Just remember to change the url to point where your web.admin.mod.html is located

Last edited:
Upvote 0
need help finding my server IP

need help finding my server IP

I attempted to edit my url_list.txt file, but when I launch Steam it reverts back to the original file. How do I get around this?
Try making the file read only by right clicking and hitting properties.

Okay so I am trying to set up a dedicated server, but I can't seem to find out what my servers IP would be(for using web admin), is it my networks external IP or my computers IP? And does port: 8075 have to opened? Thanks for help in advance.

Upvote 0
Try making the file read only by right clicking and hitting properties.
I have the same problem and this does not work for me. Even setting the file read only for all users does not work, steam seems to replace it or has some kind of "fallback". One thing that comes to my mind (very ugly in my opinion...) is, to change the Steam shortcut to a batch script, which replaces the file after startup. Haven't tried it yet but as replacing the file after Steam startup works, this could be a workaround.

Edit: I now tried it out. It works, although I think this is a very cheap and ugly workaround. Still does not solve the issue itself that steam is overwriting the file on every startup.

I use this little batchfile, should be pretty self explanatory.

Code:
start "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe"
timeout 10
copy /Y "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Public\url_list_adminpage.txt"  "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Public\url_list.txt"

Okay so I am trying to set up a dedicated server, but I can't seem to find out what my servers IP would be(for using web admin), is it my networks external IP or my computers IP? And does port: 8075 have to opened? Thanks for help in advance.

It depends on your setup but in general you should be able to connect to your webinterface by "http://ipofyourserver:8075"

In case you're running the server at home it is very likely that you have to do some port forwarding. Also if you're running a firewall on the machine the port has to be opened. If you give a little more details about your setup it would be easier to help.

cheers :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0