• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Lockdown, your oppinoin

Lockdown, your oppinoin

• I like it

Votes: 110 17.2%
  • I hate it

Votes: 260 40.6%
  • I don't care

Votes: 40 6.2%
  • It needs changes

Votes: 231 36.0%

• Total voters
Since I've only ever tried it on Apartments, I am going to reserve judgement until I try it on some more representative maps.

For the record my judgement could go either way, since it obviously encourages players going for the objective, something which I greatly approve of. But on the downside, if players just choose to ignore the objective, it is going to make games a lot shorter, something I am not too happy about.

Upvote 0
Depends on the map. Apartments, basing my experience on Danzig and it, I could say that if you don't cap the first 2 in 5min you won't get them ever. IMO in apartments, which is a hectic map, it is fine.

Maps like Fallen Heroes could never had that, it would ruin the map totally.

I like it as it is now, but as I said, it is really map dependent.

Upvote 0
The main problem at the moment with lockdown on apartments is half the allies try and get into the area around the axis spawn for no apparent reason.

It really isn't very fun as allies if your team doesn't know what they are doing given how much of a chokepoint the allied spawn is.

Upvote 0
The main problem at the moment with lockdown on apartments is half the allies try and get into the area around the axis spawn for no apparent reason.

It really isn't very fun as allies if your team doesn't know what they are doing given how much of a chokepoint the allied spawn is.

If everybody would just get to A and B, and stand behind that wall, you'd cap it no problem. Problem is, half the team is camping the in building in allied spawn, and the half that do not are scattered outside the capzones.

Upvote 0
Yea I've noticed it too, every single time in apartments as allies most of my team are either camping at the spawn or going to the chokepoints. Even pointing them out that walls stop most bullets and that we can capture the objectives easely if they would just hide behind it doesn't change their tactic which resulted in very furstrated and very short defeats.

Upvote 0
The problem with lockdown is that it treats not having capped in x minutes as complete failure regardless of the state of play.

Attackers could have 99% captured progress on the territory and the lockdown ends the round. Or more often than not when attackers are equal to defenders and so no capture progress on that territory is being made.

In my opinion lockdown timer should freeze when the attackers are making capture progress. This way so long as the attackers are making progress the round will not end, and it will prolong rounds without giving the attackers too much time to attack. Lockdown is all about pressure and pushing forward, so the time does have to be short enough to put pressure on the attacking team. But I think so long as they are making progress it shouldn't count against them.

Upvote 0
Well it's still a beta and I presume there is still being worked on lockdown but I too am a fan of long battles but it's not like the current maps are capable of keeping it interesting for so long. When allies capture the firt 2 objectives they have more than enough time to capture the other 2. Fallenfighters has an average time of 20 minutes. The other maps might have longer battles but this is RO so we will see custom maps very fast.

Fallenfighters doesn't have lockdown btw, only maps that starts with one side defending and the other side attacking.

Upvote 0