• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

loading times retail box v steam

-G!4c0mo said:
Is it me or the loading time in UE 2.5 based games are always longer than other games?
It's Just you. :p

I actually find that Steam takes forever to load Source engine games compared to when I fire up UT2k4 or its mods. I really hope that Steam doesn't slow down Roost's loading time. I also hope that it doesn't force the pathetic server joining system on it. You know, the one where it spends 3 minutes downloading the same security module 4 times, then thinks about it a bit, and THEN tells you the server's full because unlike every other MP game ever, it loads everything first, THEN asks the server if there's a spot instead of taking the spot as soon as you click join. Why is it a problem? A person with a slow computer/connection can join a game first, and someone with better hardware can then join 20 seconds later and take their spot in the server. Lame.

Upvote 0
Dcode said:
The retail box will force you to install steam and play the game through it. There is no difference between the two only instead of downloading the game content over steam you will simply install it off the disc.

A perk is the fact you get it for about $8 bucks off with the preorder discount. Which is awesome and the best deal for me.

Upvote 0