• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PC Loading screen doesn't end

SuperSatoSan

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 4, 2021
Category: Code
Game version: 37596730(Epic Game Luncher)
Reproducibility: Nearly always
Summary:
Sometimes, the loading screen does not end when fast traveling.
Also, if player force quit and restart the game when this bug occurs, player will lose the Tiger Body.

Details :
This is a bug that causes the loading screen to not end when fast traveling to a grotto.
When this bug occurs, the only thing player can do is force quit the game.
If player restart the game after this bug occurs, the Tiger Body will be lost.
The losted Tiger Body can be regained by completing quests in the area or eating fish and then returning to the grotto. (It seems to have been acquired at the timing of the autosave.)
I also find that landmarks, quests, etc. acquired just before this bug occurs are often not saved in the save data.

I've changed the game settings to turn on/off subtitles and tutorial pop-ups, as well as various graphics settings, but there is no change in the frequency of the bug.

The PC environment in which I'm playing the game is as follows:
Product Name: OMEN by HP Laptop 15-dc0xxx
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz 2.21 GHz
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 with Max-QDesign
RAM: 16GB
OS Version: 20H2
OS Build: 19042.746

I have not found a way to reproduce it quickly, nor have I found a direct way to reproduce it.
However, in my gameplay, it always happens at the same point almost without fail. (I play Speedrun for this game, so I play it almost the same every time).
The video of the actual gameplay when the bug occurred and the time when the bug occurred are listed below.
- 01:29:24, 01:51:53
- 01:46:45
- 01:24:30, 01:40:29
- 01:29:58
- 01:46:29

Note that the same bug occurred at 01:46:20 in the following video, not during fast travel, but when returning to the main menu.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/774355265
So I think the cause of the bug is not fast travel, but the process while displaying the loading screen.