Loading screen contest.

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

ROchester. ny

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 27, 2007
It would be cool if we had a contest where many players took screenshots of each map and the best pictures would be shown when you were loading a map. That way every map would have their own loading screen:D

Murphy

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 22, 2005
liandri.darkbb.com
Great idea. Although a loading bar or an animated icon instead of a loading bar would be nicer to have a loading screen for each map would be nice too. Even more so if they wouldn't be shown randomly but when loading the map they show.

FaTaLeKe

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 23, 2006
A spinning RO logo will do fine to show it is loading and not crashed
Then the loading screens should be the map loading with a overview and showing the objectives and some extra information

Ghost

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 17, 2006
taw.net
That would be cool. When i started playing RO i always hit F10 when i saw a loading screen of a map i didn't like. Took a while to figure out that the loading screen and the map being loaded aren't connected. :p

SiC-Disaster

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 16, 2005
Netherlands
www.tangodown.nl
A spinning RO logo will do fine to show it is loading and not crashed
Then the loading screens should be the map loading with a overview and showing the objectives and some extra information

Nah it's kinda annoying to have a spinning icon, because it shows no progress..
You'd still be looking at the same loading screen, only difference now is a twitching thingy somewhere around, and still you have no clue at how far the game has progressed loading maps.

I'd want a loading bar, or something similar.

Murphy

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 22, 2005
liandri.darkbb.com
I loved it wen in some old games the "loading bar" was actualy not a bar, but a fireball a character on the left cast that flew over to the one on the right and when he got hit the loading was finished. Loading screens like that are gold imo. We could have a bullet passing by, or a grenade rolling through the screen, or a tankshell, or maybe a random combination of those.

A regular loading bar would still be heaps better thn what we have now, but if you go and make one, why not make a cool one?:D